• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

preservation Dehydration

Hello all...

To start I'm not sure if this is the right spot but couldn't find a better one.

I am anxiously waiting on my Excalibur dehydrator to arrive and have a quick question. I am wanting to make some Hab powder out of some of my frozen Hab "ice cubes" but when I made the frozen cubes, I mixed the minced habs with olive oil as a binder. Does anyone know if the olive oil will be a problem when dehydrating the cubes? I plan on thawing the cubes and then rolling them out so that they are flat. Any advise would be great.

I guess if all else fails I could always try to find some Habs in the store...

Thanks

Paul

ooooooohhhhhhhh....I don't think it will work...the olive oil will not evaporate and may even pick up some of the moisture that is in the habs...and in your dehydrator, I am sure when the olive oil gets warm, it will drip down all over everything....I would not recommend it....have no experience with it

others may correct me and that is fine if they do....

Thanks for the input. I guess I will scratch that idea, you all had some great points that I didn't think of. With that said, I sounds as if I will be trying to find some habs in the store. My dehydrator should be here next week sometime, and I can't wait to start putting it through it's paces.

Thanks for keeping me from making a huge mess.

Paul

Back