dehydrators Dehydrator Comparable to Excalibur?

Not sure why their website is showing 105f for the lowest set point.
This is the one I have and it shows the first mark at 95f. Just guessing by the range from "Off" to 95 is about 10 degrees.
I haven't measured actual temps with another thermometer, but it will run pretty cool.
Maybe they changed their specs. This one is just a year old.

image.jpg

HopsNBarley said:
Not sure why their website is showing 105f for the lowest set point.
This is the one I have and it shows the first mark at 95f. Just guessing by the range from "Off" to 95 is about 10 degrees.
I haven't measured actual temps with another thermometer, but it will run pretty cool.
Maybe they changed their specs. This one is just a year old.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Same here :)

I have the 3900B and bought it from Amazon Prime, I am thinking it is a typo. Mine is less than a year old and the dial in the picture looks exactly like mine. I'd ask a question about it on the site.

I called today and they said that they changed out the heating element so it no longer goes down to 95F.  I went ahead and ordered one off of Amazon that advertised down to 95F, hopefully that is what I get.  The people at Excalibur said they are still making the old ones for factory direct stuff like amazon just not their full production.  From what I understand the temperature in the Excalibur swings around 10F hotter than what you have set, so I really don't want one that only goes down to 105F as the lowest.  In any case, being American made and a 10 year warranty sold on me on the Excalibur versus the Sedona.

Well I got it today and no such luck, the dial only goes down to 105F.  I hope that doesn't mean it cycles all the way up to 115F on the lowest setting.

Update:
No such luck it is swinging up to 120F.  I called and they are going to send me a new thermostat as they said it should only swing up 5deg.  So far I don't really like the thermostat dial as I can't really feel the point at which it is off versus the lowest setting.  Does everyone just point it right at the numbers or do you move it in an analog fashion in between each number?

Back