Dia del Perro makes Men's Journal's "4 Smoky Hot Sauces For Any Dish"!

Good morning folks! 

Men's Journal just published an article with "4 Smoky Hot Sauces for Any Dish" - and to my delight Dia del Perro, my alderwood-smoked tomatillo verde style sauce, was included! 

Even after 3 years it's still somewhat shocking for me to see my tiny little brand in a write-up along side McIlhenny Co's Tabasco Sauce - crazy. 

I was also thrilled to see the author give credit to Robin Case for her spectacular label as well. 

Headed to SoCal today for the California Hot Sauce Expo, and this was a pretty cool way to start my day. Enjoy the read! 

Love & hot sauce
<3

Scott 

http://www.mensjournal.com/expert-advice/4-smoky-hot-sauces-for-any-dish-20150708/lucky-dog-dia-del-perro

Congrats!

I've had 3 of those 4, that is a great Tabasco sauce, the best in their line, I used to always have a bottle on hand. The Consuming Fires is a great line as well, it won some THPA, but Dia Del Perro won best overall.

I'm glad you are getting national attention, and we're tickled that there's some mainstream reviewers out there that share our palate. We love to see our winners succeed!!! To the top!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Congrats!
Thank you for taking the outstanding photo! :cheers:
hottoddy said:
Good for you! Did you ever see any action from Playboy (I mean sales action)?
:rofl:

A couple of orders mentioned the article, yeah. Maxim as well - one guy who stopped by at the fair walked up, bought all 8 & I asked "have you had these before?"

He said, "nope - I saw the Black Label in Maxim, had to try them all."

That was pretty cool.

Certainly not a windfall, but getting a couple of orders is always better than not getting a couple of orders. ;)

Back