• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Did I get what I paid for?!

I was supposed to have gotten "Ghost Peppers" from a website I don't remember two years ago. Had no peppers last year for verification... They have a Bell Pepperish sweet to them before the heat takes hold. They are definitely hot. Anyone have any idea if I got what I paid for?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 85
Do you get the aroma of sweaty socks or old gym shorts when eating a nice ripe red one?

The heat is highly variable and dependant on too many growing conditions to list-----even for different pods on the same plant.
Don't think I ever heard "Bell Pepperish sweet" as a discriptor for a fully ripe bhut jolokia.

As far as a vendor goes,you always get what you paid for.Bunk or not. LOL

Your pic sucks.
Blurry...Pods don't look right either.

If you want seeds to grow again,PM me.
They are from NMCI growouts.
I also have Assam bhuts and other versions.

Not the greatest pic, but to me the leaves look a bit thin/long for typical bhut jolokia.  The pods are smaller than I'd expect for a plant of that size, but that's not out of the ordinary really.

Here is my bhut jolokia to compare

2u97ku0.jpg

Also, for flavour a bhut tends to be a pretty strong, and I would not describe it as "bell pepper".

I don't think those are bhuts, based solely on the description of the taste and the look of the pods. More like a red habanero.... maybe crossed with something, because habs taste nothing like bells. And I agree with KingLeerUK's assessment of the leaves. Those leaves look just like my second year orange habs.

Back