• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Different ways to grow peppers

Hey all

So I was wondering,there are many ways to grow peppers,you know,hydroponics,varias germination methods etc.

I just put the seeds into the ground and keep the soil wet enough till they germinate.

What kind of methods are there to grow peppers,or to even grow them faster? This might be interesting ;)

Hydroponically is the fastest way I have grown them. They got so big they were falling over in what seemed like a very short period of time.

Pepperjack91 said:
Hydroponically is the fastest way I have grown them. They got so big they were falling over in what seemed like a very short period of time.
Hey Pepperjack91

I know a little about hydroponics,but not realy.
Do you know a website or something that can explain step by step how it works and why its so benificial?

Generally I just plant in garden, but last year played around with aquaponics on smaller scale...just experimenting. I grew an aji brazilian pumpkin, IMO i think it was far more juicy than those in garden. It was kinda nice having maintenace free plants growing, all you do is remember to feed the fish daily. and add water from time to time to replace evaporated water

2.jpg

View attachment 8556
3.jpg

you can see from the pictures i rotated alot of plants in and out of the system, i was just testing what was compatable.  The pepper plant was put there at the start and not removed till end of season though. learned quite a bit my first year.  Will definatly do some more this year.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 61
chilli whisperer said:
Hey Pepperjack91

I know a little about hydroponics,but not realy.
Do you know a website or something that can explain step by step how it works and why its so benificial?

I think it has a lot to do with the level of control it offers you. You decide how fresh the water you put in is. You have total control over what kind and how much nutrients get put in. Etc. I'm certainly no expert on it either.. It was my very first time when I tried it last year. Someone with more experience would probably be better to point you towards a good website!

Pepperjack91 said:

I think it has a lot to do with the level of control it offers you. You decide how fresh the water you put in is. You have total control over what kind and how much nutrients get put in. Etc. I'm certainly no expert on it either.. It was my very first time when I tried it last year. Someone with more experience would probably be better to point you towards a good website!
beerbreath81 said:
Generally I just plant in garden, but last year played around with aquaponics on smaller scale...just experimenting. I grew an aji brazilian pumpkin, IMO i think it was far more juicy than those in garden. It was kinda nice having maintenace free plants growing, all you do is remember to feed the fish daily. and add water from time to time to replace evaporated water

2.jpg
3.jpg
3.jpg

you can see from the pictures i rotated alot of plants in and out of the system, i was just testing what was compatable.  The pepper plant was put there at the start and not removed till end of season though. learned quite a bit my first year.  Will definatly do some more this year.

I'll have to read up on that :) sounds interesting

I'm trying coco this year. It's essentially hydroponics as well given that the grow medium is neutral and requires that you feed with every watering. I've never had the growth I'm getting out of it from soil.

Neil

Blister said:
I'm trying coco this year. It's essentially hydroponics as well given that the grow medium is neutral and requires that you feed with every watering. I've never had the growth I'm getting out of it from soil.

Neil
Interesting,looks like hydroponics is very popular here

coco is awsome! you get the good points of hydro and the good points of dirt with less of the drawbacks of either . I have a flood table full of coco and chilis and another with chilis in pots in coco with a drip

When I get home ill show you two of my plants. One in dwc and one in soil and both the same age. If I had the capacity I would do hydro all the way. I might try an nft setup sometime.

It is pretty cool and I believe if you were starting from scratch soil vs potted plants, a dwc setup is cheaper. I've spent more money on soil and feed for my plants than I have so far on my hydro stuff. I'm got two more seedlings in rockwool atm which were meant for an nft but I think ill just do another two dwc buckets.

I don't have any pictures right now but the bhuts I grew last year in hydro were easily 5x as large as the ones I had in pots. It optimizes all of the nutrients they need and they don't need to grow as large of a root zone for the size they get too.

Pm me your email and I can send you a PDF book all about hydro

Back