• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dillo's Grow Log 2009

Moving from one house to another at 30° F, though 4 miles only, was a lot of stress for my plants. The neglect during all the moving and cleaning up activities added some stress too and caused some severe setback for my plants. This is how far they recovered until now.

The plants in the wintergarden:
WintergartenPlantageApril.jpg

My biggest plant so far: Aji Pineapple
AjiPineapplePlantApril01.jpg

Tepin
Tepin-1.jpg

This flower and these pods belong to what my cousin who gave me the seeds calls his "Cash Cow". The pods look kinda cayenneish. Does anyone here have an idea what variety that might be?

100_1348.jpg

100_1349.jpg

PrairieChilihead said:
Thanks for posting the pic, Armadillo! Looks like you'll be having a fantastic growing season this year. Are those turtles for real? LOL!

Yeah, those turtles are for real! They are owned by our landlady and we rented them with the house. They used to "pollinate" successfully in the last years so we might have some little Ninjas this year too.

PrairieChilihead said:
Wow! Those plants look great! That Seven Pod is fantastic. How tall is it? What kind of pepper is a Nepali Orange? I've never heard of it.

Yeah, that 7 Pot is nice! I hope to have a good harvest and to spread the seeds as your follower!

Those Nepali Orange have some heat and a nice flavor. They are an Annuum variety and were spread from Nepal via India to the Fidji Islands as far as I found out.
http://www.thechileman.org/results....e&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any&submit=Search

I'll be back to peppers soon. But I have to share with you one more species growing in my yard.

IMG_6462.jpg

IMG_6488.jpg

That nice dragonfly had issues unfolding her fourth wing. But finally she made it.

Back to peppers as I promised.

Here I am hardening off a few of the indoor starters.
IMG_7043.jpg

I hope that I will have stable weather after the "Eisheiligen" (the "Icy Hallows") after May 15th to plant them out.

Back