• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

issue Disease or Calcium Deficiency??

This is my third year growing peppers and I'm afraid that there is some sort of virus or infection in my plants. Or maybe it is a nutrient deficiency, but I can't really tell for sure. I'm using a blend of peat/perlite/compost 7/3/1 in fabric pots that are fed with a drip system pumping out Master Blend. Things have been going good with good growth and some fruits already set and maturing. This week I really started to notice the leaves curling quite a bit, especially after several days of rain. Obviously this is going to was out all the nutrients, which would lead to calcium deficiency and leaf curl, but I think there might be an infection of some sort. I haven't seen aphid activity this year, but I have seen ants on most of the plants. 

I welcome any feedback y'all might have.

IMG_6025.jpeg

IMG_6024.jpeg

IMG_6023.jpeg

IMG_6022.jpeg

IMG_6021.jpeg

IMG_6020.jpeg

IMG_6019.jpeg

IMG_6018.jpeg

IMG_6017.jpeg

IMG_6016.jpeg

May be overwatering.

Let them dry out a bit and then feed only water and see if they improve.

Also if you are worried about cal deficiency hit it with a dose of calmag just in case

Rain doesn't lead to calcium deficiency.  It leads to disruption of nutrient uptake.  ALL nutrients.  Failing to understand this, can at worst, lead to over-feeding, and at best, wasting money dumping stuff in unnecessarily.
There's a few things that can cause that.  It could be over-fertilizing, it could be overwatering, compacted media, or it could be cool night temps.  Not sure if you had a cold spell lately.  But all of the above mentioned things, can cause nutrient disruption.
It's important to find out what's going on at a system level, and not get fixated on singular diagnoses.
EDIT:  I also should have added that sudden seasonal changes - like when it starts to get hot, and the day/night temperature differential lessens, can also lead to shock changes to a plant.  These are temporary.  If it persists with new growth, there is a different problem.  It can take a couple weeks to figure it out.

Lots of people dump calcium into their plants, and think that it cured the problem, when it's simply coincident with normal resumption of nutrient uptake. In truth, calcium is one of the least mobile of nutrients, and doesn't really go away easily.  

Back