Diseased (orange) scotch bonnet

Hi, i cant figure out what kind of affliction my orange scotch bonnet is suffering from.. planted 3 seeds, 2 survived to be strong healthy plants, one grew in a 1 gallon pot with coco all summer and is now moved into my grow space and its showing no signs of being ill

But the other plant... it lived its life first 3 weeks in coco pot too, then i moved it into my DIY DWC hydro, and after 2 months in that it started getting dark spots on leafs that grew and then the left yellowed and dropped off the plant.. it still grew like nothing happened and set flowers and fruit, and carried all the fruit to manurity..

iv treated the water with h2o2, and copper sulfate, iv sprayed the plant with pyrertum based insecticide and copper sulfate..

so now iv re-potted it into coco and cut it down...

94vMo8mh.jpg

a week after it was planted into dwc rig

TEceliMh.jpg

a few months after already started to get sick

u1s2cPkh.jpg

a leaf

XhERDzkh.jpg

just before re-potting and harvest.

Looks like bacterial which is no big deal. Just remove the affected leaves and spray with a 1/2 skim milk water solution. My need several applications. Plant looks really healthy. 

Yea I agree bacterial. Where did you get seeds from? I had an OSB do about the same thing earlier this year while it was a seedling?

I used to use peroxides etc. but found a far better solution to prevent disease in DWC. Look for products called "Orca" and "Aquashield" and add them to your water. The peroxide will kill the stuff though so you may have to continue adding them for a while. If you want an even better solution or to save some money, you can culture the stuff. Add a couple bouillon cubes and a few teaspoons of sugar to a gallon or so of water, then add the above-mentioned products and air (make sure it gets lots of bubbles) and leave it for 24-48 hours. Then add some earth worm castings and let it go for another 24 hours at least. After this, you can add the result to your hydro water. You'll likely see white stuff all over roots within a day - don't worry this is good and will go away eventually. I lost most of my setup to cyanobacteria and pythium before doing this - after I did it I had absolutely no problems with diseases.

Interesting suggestions from all, someone on fb suggested it to be Xanthomonas bacteria, but unless i got a copper resistant strain, copper sulfate should have killed it.. i dont have any slimy bildup on roots or anything... and i have 2 other plants in the same dwc system, bacteria should have been transmitted i feel...

impending_bending, i cant find anything on google called "orca", care to link? and i cant tell whats in "aquashield", looks like a rooting hormone..

this is how it looks at present:

jQQL693.jpg

Back