• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Distorted leaves - help please

Hi everyone

My Peach 7 Pod got a few new leaves which are pretty distorted - from what I managed to find on here it looks like it could be fert overdose, does that look about right? The plants are healthy as hell but I did have a mites outbreak nearby in the greenhouse and have since then got rid of all infected plants and sprayed the shit out of them with miticide to be sure. So not sure if that's related or not.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

2015_09_05_17_01_14.jpg

2015_09_05_17_01_24.jpg

2015_09_05_17_01_33.jpg

2015_09_05_17_01_47.jpg

I'd say it's either an extremely early sign of fert burn or probably mites. Mostly I think it's mites. Often with fert burn the older leaves are impacted as well as the newer leaves - I don't see much distortion in the older leaves. Some kinds of mites impact newer leaves first, which seems to be what's going on with those plants. Ladybugs might do the trick for you, but a good miticide will, too. That said, do you have any reason to believe you've over-fertilized? 

Hey well yeah it's an aquaponics setup, but i had some nutes defficiencies, so I started adding nutes to overcome that - and one thing led to another, I think I may have overdone it.. but will cut off a few of those leaves and will have a good look to see if i can see the mites under the magnifying glass. Thanks!

I'm getting the same thing... I went out there today and I saw webs on some of the leaves, someone on here told me it's spider mites.

Keep in mind that some mites are too small to be seen with the naked eye - and you might even need something stronger than the magnifying lens. A jeweler's loupe of at least 30x is the minimum recommendation. Is your magnifying lens at least that? And note that spider mites are only one type of mite that can cause that kind of damage. 

geeme said:
Keep in mind that some mites are too small to be seen with the naked eye - and you might even need something stronger than the magnifying lens. A jeweler's loupe of at least 30x is the minimum recommendation. Is your magnifying lens at least that? And note that spider mites are only one type of mite that can cause that kind of damage. 
Hey thanks mate - yeah nah this magnifying glass is not that strong. But yeah I put enough miticide on these plants to sink a Titanic, and will repeat about 3 days later, so hoping I've sorted that problem.

SentencedToBurn said:
Hey thanks mate - yeah nah this magnifying glass is not that strong. But yeah I put enough miticide on these plants to sink a Titanic, and will repeat about 3 days later, so hoping I've sorted that problem.

Could I ask what type of miticide you're using?

Back