• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

DNF (Dutch Nutrient Formula)

Does anyone have experience using this fert in soil? Comes in many forms for various stages and Alledgedly healthy food for chilis too ? I have heard the "others" use it exclusively in hydro but hear its great in soil as well. Priced well but need or would appreciate feedback before trying same.

Yes! I've used in... well... "other" applications and it makes a very nice watering tea. I've no idea how it would perform with chile plants but it's worth a shot. It's very high in soluable potash from what I remember and what it did with the "other" plant species was quite profound and performed very well. Give it a shot and see what happens.

I had no idea what this was but one of the first things I found on it was..

"I'm sorry, but Dutch Nutrient Formula is made by adding water to commonly available dry water-soluble powders and then sold at enormous markup. Basically you are paying 60 to 100 times the price per net pound of fertilizer as compared to say, the Peter's Brand of water soluble powders."

Not to say it doesn't do any good but it instantly turned me off to it, as it was only like the third link down after a google search, and the fact you need four parts just to mix to make a low nutrient formula that you can compare to many other organic nutrients you can find at any hydroponic store. Or other options.

I had no idea what this was but one of the first things I found on it was..

"I'm sorry, but Dutch Nutrient Formula is made by adding water to commonly available dry water-soluble powders and then sold at enormous markup. Basically you are paying 60 to 100 times the price per net pound of fertilizer as compared to say, the Peter's Brand of water soluble powders."

Not to say it doesn't do any good but it instantly turned me off to it, as it was only like the third link down after a google search, and the fact you need four parts just to mix to make a low nutrient formula that you can compare to many other organic nutrients you can find at any hydroponic store. Or other options.

Agree.

Back