• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Do these look healthy???

These don't look healthy to me, is it just because of the light? Or is there something else going on?

2c84bc36.jpg

5c8924ea.jpg

9e3fb84c.jpg

This one lost some upper leaves.
2c0c7b03.jpg

82b9254e.jpg

0d642b97.jpg

28e42469.jpg

Thanks all.

no dirt is too acidic ... as soon as you change the dirt spay then with epsom salt.. they will turn green and look much better

I think you would really need to fill us in on what your planting medium is, if you are using fertz, what lighting you are using (as in lumens and Kelvin) and what ever else you can about your grow, before a good educated guess can be made. Some of the symptoms can be guessed at that are present in the picture but there are multiple problems that can show the same symptoms as well.

Looks to me that they are lacking in nutrient. Certainly in other plants when they look that pale greeny yellow colour it is usually a lack of Nitrogen. Most of the time the growing medium contains enough Nitrogen to get them going strongly but they are not always reliable. I would add some nutrient in the form of a liquid tomato feed at half strength to some (not all) of the plants and see what happens. good luck with that.

I think you would really need to fill us in on what your planting medium is, if you are using fertz, what lighting you are using (as in lumens and Kelvin) and what ever else you can about your grow, before a good educated guess can be made. Some of the symptoms can be guessed at that are present in the picture but there are multiple problems that can show the same symptoms as well.

It is a mix of potting soil from Navlet's and steer manure. I only cut in a small amount of the manure. The lights are T8's, 32w, 6500k and 1,200 lumens.

Thanks!

no dirt is too acidic ... as soon as you change the dirt spay then with epsom salt.. they will turn green and look much better

PepperLover,

What is the right mix for Epsom Salt?
Do I just spray the leaves, and/or the top of the dirt?
Is changing the dirt a must? If so, do I need to brush all of the dirt off of the roots, or just shake the dirt off a little?
Any suggestions for pre-mixed soil?

Thanks.

PepperLover,

On a side note. Would acidic soil keep seedlings from growing? I haven't been able to get any of the Hungarian Hot Cherries you sent me to sprout yet. I've tried jiffy pellets and the same soil above in a dome regulated at 85F.

Thx.

Dont get all fancy. They are good except for what Judy said. Give them a shot of Epsom Salt. I usually do a 1/20 mix, sometimes a 1/10 mix. Foliar feeding is the quickest way for them to get their nutrients.

Dont get all fancy. They are good except for what Judy said. Give them a shot of Epsom Salt. I usually do a 1/20 mix, sometimes a 1/10 mix. Foliar feeding is the quickest way for them to get their nutrients.

Sorry, I'm new this year. 1/20 is that equivalent to like 1tbl per 2 liters? How often do I spray them and how much do I spray them?

Thanks HP.

Check out the roots too, by taking the plant out of the pot, just to make sure they are not overwatered and the soil is light enough to allow some air to the roots.

I'm pretty sure that nitrogen deficiency presents as yellowing of the lower leaves first. Nitrogen is a mobile nutrient, and as such the new growth will pull it from the old leaves if enough isn't available in the soil.

Back