• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Do these plants want to "tell" me somthing?

Anaheim variety is in question here, top leaves look a little bit strange to me...

dsc02293w.jpg

dsc02292jg.jpg

dsc02291az.jpg

dsc02290mb.jpg

It looks quite a lot like damage from Aphids, have a really close look on the undersides of the leaves etc.
If not, did you apply fertiliser or insecticide recently? Could be slight stress from either of the two. Could also be heat-stress... Hard to tell without more info.

nope, no Aphids there. I transferred them into bigger pots last Sunday, cold be because of that or because of sun.
no insecticide and I fertilize them with liquid tomato fertilizer, half doze, those are self watering pots.

nope, no Aphids there. I transferred them into bigger pots last Sunday, cold be because of that or because of sun.
no insecticide and I fertilize them with liquid tomato fertilizer, half doze, those are self watering pots.

Hmm, is there a chance they may be getting a little too much water? or soggy feet? In the self watering pots.

Hmm, is there a chance they may be getting a little too much water? or soggy feet? In the self watering pots.

could be, because there was plenty of rain last week but water reservoirs are almost empty.
anyway, I won't water them so soon, I've checked this morning, top 2 inches of soil are moist.

I added some crushed egg shells yesterday so will see what will happen in the future.
Also, they've been treated with epsom salts too.

Yeah, for the most part, the answer is simple I find, I wouldn't push it aside though often times you find yourself adding and adjusting all these things only to find the solution was something lesser.

Crushed eggs takes some time to breakdown for the plants to use.

The epsom salt will provide magnesium which is good but you'll probably want to get something with calcium so they can use right away. Good luck!

dolomite lime and vinegar. let it stop bubbling and use the liquid 1tbsp/gallon and see if the new growth comes in normal"

I've read where people crumble the egg shells, and then boil them... They mix the shells into the soil, and water the plant with the "enriched" water... They say it works quite fast.

I've never tried it however.

Back