• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Do your Ajis collapse in the evening?

I'm talking about the tops, in particular. Even my "ma wiri wiri" is doing this. The tops just lay right over after the sun sets. I don't notice any of the chinenses doing this. I'm thinking it might be heat related, definitely not for lack of water, though. Anyone else have this experience with their ajis?

Ya know, I have several aji limons and I have noticed them doing this. They are healthy as all get out and growing great, so I never really gave it any thought.

TrueNorthReptiles said:
Ya know, I have several aji limons and I have noticed them doing this. They are healthy as all get out and growing great, so I never really gave it any thought.
Thanks.  I can relax, now.

I have had plants turn down a bit AFTER watering say in the late after / early morning. No joke. It vexes me but I just let it be. They are always fine in the morning.

Not ajis specifically, but most of my plants do this, which is about eleven different kinds.. They spring back up later.

Just resting their heads.

I have a monster aji pineapple in hydro that splays all out when the lights go off.

Roguejim said:
Yep, today they're standing tall. I'd still like to know the reason behind, though.

I also hope there is an explanation.  I was concerned the first time it happened, but then the next morning they looked great.  I would love to try and make it better if I can.

I've got a couple of plants that are perpetually soggy.  It probably has to do with them having a lower root-to-leaf ratio that the other plants.  They've slowly improved, and I suspect yours will too as they grow. 

Back