• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Does a Peach colored Capsicum Annuum exist?

I had looked around today for a peach colored Capsicum annuum pepper but I'm coming up short.

Does anyone know of one that exists?

I searched and searched for ya ,I came up with nothing either. You might have to use a chinense to get your F2 stage...

I haven't seen any peach colored annuum peppers, but if you're looking to cross-breed one, golden cayenne x bulgarian carrot might be a good one to try.

Ask 2 Gods- he has a CGN that looks like one- there is a jolokias that is peach

Think it is CGN21500 you mean...?
But that is a C.Chinense
A realy beautiful pepper.

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

2 gods, that's an awesome looking pepper. JesterJoker: I have about 10 golden cayenne seeds that I could hook you up. They're open pollinated though, so if you're looking for pure seeds I wouldn't be able to help you out.

I did a little research on this topic. It looks like the red-to-orange-to-yellow aspect of pod color determination has three genetic loci segregating, giving fruits ranging from white to lemon-yellow to orange-yellow to red. The differences here seem to be different amounts of synthesis of capsxanthin and capsorubin--yellow and red pigments respectively. Looking at 2god's chiles, I'd guess they have a basic color that's yellow with a blush from erythrocyanin--the blue-purple pigment in red cabbage that's there in practically all plant material. Maybe you could start by finding a pure line of light lemon-yellow C. annuum (maybe mjdiamond's cayennes if you can't find something more pale) and then finding a way to breed in some up-regulation of erythrocyanin production from a purple-foliage C.annuum.

Anyways, here's the paper that is most often cited: Hurtado-Hernandez and Smith 1985. Inheritance of mature fruit color in Capsicum annuum. Journal of Heredity 76,

Back