Does anyone know the difference in flavour between Scotch Bonnet and Jamaican Yellow peppers?

As Nightshade says, they are 2 peppers from very different species and they taste incredibly different. I`ve had both this summer and while they are both excellent peppers, the flavors are different and the heat levels are extremely different. 

However, the photos in the seeds catalogue are not necessarily what they say. The Jamaican Yellow is right (also called Yellow Mushroom pepper), but I`m not convinced the photos of the Scotch Bonnets are really Scotch Bonnets. Search in THP for MoA Scotch Bonnets to see what they should look like. If look in the Ad section you might find MoA scotch bonnet seeds from a member. Same with the Yellow Mushroom. If you don`t see them, put an"Wanted" ad in that section.

Nigel said:
As Nightshade says, they are 2 peppers from very different species and they taste incredibly different. I`ve had both this summer and while they are both excellent peppers, the flavors are different and the heat levels are extremely different. 

However, the photos in the seeds catalogue are not necessarily what they say. The Jamaican Yellow is right (also called Yellow Mushroom pepper), but I`m not convinced the photos of the Scotch Bonnets are really Scotch Bonnets. Search in THP for MoA Scotch Bonnets to see what they should look like. If look in the Ad section you might find MoA scotch bonnet seeds from a member. Same with the Yellow Mushroom. If you don`t see them, put an"Wanted" ad in that section.

Oh I didn't realize the picture could be wrong. How would you describe the taste of those peppers though (fruity, sweet, smoky, bitter, etc)? 

Sorry if this seems self-promoting, but here are videos I made of me eating both types. It`s easier to see what I said at the time, rather than relying on memory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb4Ix8BBHY0

The first one isn't really a Scotch bonnet. It's a c. annuum. You can tell by the very large calyx. Try to trade here for a MOA Scotch bonnet. Most people sell fake c. annuum Scotch bonnets.

Back