• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Does Ghost Pepper Produce Fruit in

Yes, if conditions are right. I got two crops off first year plants two years ago. Last year I didn't get any, but I chalk that up to a long, cool, wet spring followed by an extremely hot, dry summer. They were finally starting to bloom and set fruit when the frost got them this winter, but it was too little, too late.

^^what he said, my bhuts did not produce any fruits in its first year but that is due to my almost killing it by over watering. but its now 10000000% bigger so i am hoping that this spring it will start dropping pods!

Sawyer, I Hope YOur Plant didnt die from the winter Frost, and Spongey well im glad not its healthy and better than ever, I guess this plant is really sensative to its weather, and I guess i can say im glad I live in california as well because its pretty hot here, and My plan is to let it sprout right now, let it grow under a light and for spring it can do major growth and summer let it fruit if the hot temperature of california, can help. well as long as I have a shot to let it fruit this year im very happy, i thought it was those plants that need alongggg time to bare fruit.

I'm overwintering a few rarer varieties indoors, but yeah, the frost killed a few dozen bhuts. That's ok; I'm going to be starting a whole bunch of seeds in the next week or two, under lights on heat mats. Hope to have a greenhouse by next winter.

Im a new gardener so I dont have anything but some pots with a regular light, I have no way of getting a green house but im hoping the plant will do good by the window. This should be my first pepper plant so im taking good care of it, well the seed, I planted about 3 seeds in the same pot and plan to seperate them after they germinate and take care of them individually to have a better plant ratio.

My Bhut Jolokia plant is a first year plant, beginning the bloom cycle atm. I see at least 8-10 unopened flowers, so I hope they all set fruit.

I'm sure it will do great as long as you keep it in warm soil and good sunlight, my seed is still in the soil pots belly trying to germinate, I've keeped it warm as much as I can, before joining this site it was almost imposible to hear about anyone even owning the seeds and here in this site everyone has at least 1 plant of the Bhut, =]

Back