• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

does this seem right ?

im updating my hydro setup to a hydro tent that i purchased on ebay

and i needed better lighting for my new setup so i went to a hydro store and purchased this

http://www.ebay.com....5#ht_1793wt_968

is the right kind of lighting for growing plants ? and will one be enough for my hydro tent which is 80CM X 45CM X 85CM ?

hope i dont need another as im starting to worry how much electricity these dam things will chew up a month.

here is the tent i purchased

http://www.ebay.com....8#ht_1500wt_968

any help will be much appreciated

For the size of tent you bought the light doesnt really match, It's a huge grow tent! For something like that I would have got an 600-1,000 watt MH light they are more spendy but well worth it. Im not saying that your light wont work just saying I would have gone with a stronger light. :)

How many lumens is it? I didnt see it in the listing!

For the size of tent you bought the light doesnt really match, It's a huge grow tent! For something like that I would have got an 600-1,000 watt MH light they are more spendy but well worth it. Im not saying that your light wont work just saying I would have gone with a stronger light. :)

How many lumens is it? I didnt see it in the listing!
not sure .. i think its 2700

Ouch! If it's only 2,700 lumens i definately recommend something stronger like the 600 or 1,000 watt MH light! You could also use a 4ft 8 bulb T5. But Id go with the 600 or 1,000 MH

How many plants are you growing? For that size of tent you can put alot of plants in there. If thats your plan I highly recommend one of the above that I mentioned. A 4 ft 8 bulb T5 would work pretty good as well

Make sure you use 6500k+ bulbs!

Ouch! If it's only 2,700 lumens i definately recommend something stronger like the 600 or 1,000 watt MH light! You could also use a 4ft 8 bulb T5. But Id go with the 600 or 1,000 MH

How many plants are you growing? For that size of tent you can put alot of plants in there. If thats your plan I highly recommend one of the above that I mentioned. A 4 ft 8 bulb T5 would work pretty good as well

Make sure you use 6500k+ bulbs!
well it says DUAL SPECTRUM 2700/6400K so not sure if the 2700 is lumens or what that means :(

be careful trying to fit a 4 footer into a 80x45x85cm

the nitwit math translates that into 2'-7" x 1'- 5.7" x 2'-9.4"

i do not know if you can fit a three footer in there on the diagonal ( ± 91.7cm about 3'-0" )

be sure to tape measure them things that look like they might fit to see if they can first!

:stop:

be careful trying to fit a 4 footer into a 80x45x85cm

the nitwit math translates that into 2'-7" x 1'- 5.7" x 2'-9.4"

i do not know if you can fit a three footer in there on the diagonal ( ± 91.7cm about 3'-0" )

be sure to tape measure them things that look like they might fit to see if they can first!

:stop:
He'd have to put the light in length wise not width. But the 8 bulb might be to wide so hed have to prob go with a 4 bulb

im updating my hydro setup to a hydro tent that i purchased on ebay

and i needed better lighting for my new setup so i went to a hydro store and purchased this

http://www.ebay.com....5#ht_1793wt_968

is the right kind of lighting for growing plants ? and will one be enough for my hydro tent which is 80CM X 45CM X 85CM ?

hope i dont need another as im starting to worry how much electricity these dam things will chew up a month.
My mistake 2700K/6500k means its dual spectrum color. Pls find out the lumens output. That light might work
here is the tent i purchased

http://www.ebay.com....8#ht_1500wt_968

any help will be much appreciated

i guess i do not understand how the metric system works down under?

how many inches long bulb is they going to be able to fit in there?

Are you doing a full hydro grow in there? If so a 400W MH might do you pretty well, maybe switching to an HPS bulb for fruiting. And no, if it's 4 feet long you can't possibly fit it in a 2' wide area... four 4' bulbs aren't any better than 8 when they're 4' long hahaha. Maybe consider going for a 2 or 4 bulb 2' T5 if you HAVE to go fluoro for cost but make sure it'll fit before you buy. You might be able to get away with getting another one of those huge CFLs if you're just doing veg but I don't like CFLs for flower.

Here's what the 2700/6400K "Dual Spectrum" means:

All fluorescent type lighting is rated on a Kelvin scale for color. Without getting too much into what that means, a lower Kelvin rating means you will have more reds and yellows in your lighting, and a higher kelvin rating means you will have more blues and greens. This lamp is a 'Dual Spectrum' 250W CFL. That probably means that it has something like 8 different fluorescent tubes in it, four at 2700K (pretty yellowish) and four at 6400K (a crisp bluish white) all adding up to 250W. I've never used a CFL that big and 250W is a ton so it might give you a decent output but you'll really need at least two of those lights if you're going to have anywhere near the coverage and light quality of a 400W MH light. The lumen output would have to be measured separately and most bulbs aren't rated for lumens since they aren't always easy to measure.

Are you doing a full hydro grow in there? If so a 400W MH might do you pretty well, maybe switching to an HPS bulb for fruiting. And no, if it's 4 feet long you can't possibly fit it in a 2' wide area... four 4' bulbs aren't any better than 8 when they're 4' long hahaha. Maybe consider going for a 2 or 4 bulb 2' T5 if you HAVE to go fluoro for cost but make sure it'll fit before you buy. You might be able to get away with getting another one of those huge CFLs if you're just doing veg but I don't like CFLs for flower.

Here's what the 2700/6400K "Dual Spectrum" means:

All fluorescent type lighting is rated on a Kelvin scale for color. Without getting too much into what that means, a lower Kelvin rating means you will have more reds and yellows in your lighting, and a higher kelvin rating means you will have more blues and greens. This lamp is a 'Dual Spectrum' 250W CFL. That probably means that it has something like 8 different fluorescent tubes in it, four at 2700K (pretty yellowish) and four at 6400K (a crisp bluish white) all adding up to 250W. I've never used a CFL that big and 250W is a ton so it might give you a decent output but you'll really need at least two of those lights if you're going to have anywhere near the coverage and light quality of a 400W MH light. The lumen output would have to be measured separately and most bulbs aren't rated for lumens since they aren't always easy to measure.

Its 80 inches long he could fit a 4ft light in there

The light would have to be 4ft wide for it not to fit.Maybe its just me. I am pretty tired this morning. But ya i do recommend the 600 or 1,000 watt Mh

yea its 31.5 inches x 17.7 inches x 31.5 inches

i was told by the guy in the hydro store this light is best for growth ... i just want this hydro setup for there growth and put them outside to flower

the bulb alone was $ 95 and its very bright. what if i get 1 more of these lights .. will that do for lighting and there growth ?

heres a vid of the light in my old setup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWT0HV4upFc

Back