• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Dog ate my TMS Plant

This was my beautiful moruga scorpion plant, but my dumbass plucked all the dead bad looking leaves off the plant (little did I know it was getting sunburnt)

Well it's finally making a strong comeback and my damn dog decided it would be cool to bite the whole top of the plant off. Now it is just a thick stem with a tiny pathetic leaf on it. My growing season ends in early September so should I just say goodbye to this is guy now? There's no way it's coming back anytime soon.

This plant has a wonderful root system.

This is the damage :(

obeychase said:
I guess so. Will I get pods off it?? The growing season ends in September

Too many variables to know for sure. But I bet it will grow pods. Keep in mind that just because the above ground plant is small, that doesn't mean the plant is a baby. It has a large root system that is designed to overcome obstacles such as this. If you can manage to keep your chilehead dog away from it, you might be surprised how fast it comes back. 
     Also, since you're growing in a container, you could bring it inside to allow late-season pods to ripen. 
     Take care of it (don't overwater - evapotranspiration is at a minimum right now) and post pics of the comeback!

You have 16 weeks left.Super hots take around 8 weeks to ripen from pollination.That leaves 8 weeks of growing left.If you can stretch that about by a few more weeks by bring them indoors near the end you should just make it  :)

My first year growing peppers I had about 60 potted plants. I had a HUGE hornworm infestation. Those monsters ate my plants down to nearly that extreme many times, and the plants would always shoot out tons of new growth rather quickly in response. Granted it was right in the heart of summer and they all had good root systems by then. I definitely think there is hope with yours. I wouldn't give up.

Is this your only pepper plant?
I'm not growing any TMS's right now, but I have other superhots. I'm willing to give up one of mine to you, if that was your only plant and you reside in the states.
I know how it feels to have a total crop loss.

Is this your only pepper plant?
I'm not growing any TMS's right now, but I have other superhots. I'm willing to give up one of mine to you, if that was your only plant and you reside in the states.
I know how it feels to have a total crop loss.

No I have tons more. But thank you kindly man! I really appreciate that.

Back