• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Doing the Grindage Thing

Ran a few trays worth of peppers through the dehydrator and decided it was time to get out the coffee bean grinder and make some powder.

Here's where I'm at so far:

IMG_6467cre.jpg

The grinder I picked up at Walmart for under $20 is the shiznit!. Set it to "Espresso Fine", hit the button and hang on. Do it twice and the pepper is perfectly pulverized into a very fine powder.

IMG_6472cre.jpg

I stuck a finger into the Naga Morich powder, a relatively dry finger, and gave it a taste. It had a rich almost smokey flavor prior to the heat smacking me up side the head.

The seeds are for trading or giving away.

Wow! I thought AJ was anal! lol.

Great work! I have that same grinder.

All I meant was, I don't bother to sort habs of the same color.

Check out the "Essence" recipe I posted. Put naga or scorpion powder in there and HOLY COW it is the shite.

Nice pics!

Nice powders. So far I have only made powders and not a sauce yet. Do you ever mix your powders? I grind and separate mine, but combine them to create good flavor and heat.

sweat deal! what is the capacity of that grinder? Is it like most grinders that only holds a bit in the top or can you fit a fair amount of peppers in there?

Thanks guys.

Yeah cheezy I'm kind of anal when I make my powders.:oops:

Only a matter of time NSNate.

LGHT I mix them all the time. I had a Congo Trinidad/Red Savina powder mix that ruled the kitchen for a while.

Ballzw, if you're filling it up with dried pods you can partially crush them with your hands, covered in gloves of course, and get over two cups worth in it. I supposed you could get real greedy and try more. It only takes a few seconds to turn them into powder.

Mine has been a champ! Just don't let SWMBO use it for coffee!!

(although that can be tasty too! spicy coffee that is;))

Or paprika!

Paprika doesn't sound as exciting as a superhot, but homegrown paprika as the base for a pork rub makes all of the difference.

cheezydemon said:
Or paprika!

Paprika doesn't sound as exciting as a superhot, but homegrown paprika as the base for a pork rub makes all of the difference.

Yep, I have a few of the milder peppers on my grow list next year to use in blends.

Back