Dorset naga

Ive seen the Youtube video of the English woman growing that huge Dorset naga plant which produced 2400 ++ red pods..
Is this type of production unique to that pepper plant?
Damn!I`d really love to get hold of some of those seeds here in the R.P! 

I've got a new Naga Morich plant this year that is a smaller plant (for unknown reasons) but is extremely prolific, around 3-4 pods for every node on the plant.  I think in general Nagas are super prolific, but then again I have many strains of peppers that perform well too like Fatalii, white bullet habs, goatsweed, TMS, all overwintered and performing very well.  The difference with the Naga plant I have is that it's performing as well as my yearling plants. 

juanitos said:
no, lots of chinense varieties are very heavy producers of decent sized pods like the dorset naga.
You just need a really big pot and time and right environment.

Really big pot is the key in a lot of cases, if you find the absolute perfect spot in the ground for them it's better but I've noticed when I can scuffle them around and better manage their rain intake in pots it's a lot easier to manage them, last year I had a couple of big plants on roller carts on the patio and it was easier to keep them from being overwatered in the rain

In my experience Nagas have always been amazing producers in every condition (small pots, cold weather,...).
One of my favs and one of the few chinenses without that annoying floral/perfumy flavor...

Cya

Datil

Datil said:
In my experience Nagas have always been amazing producers in every condition (small pots, cold weather,...).
One of my favs and one of the few chinenses without that annoying floral/perfumy flavor...

Cya

Datil
I'm with you on that. I don't care for the floral/perfume flavour of most chinenses either. One of the reasons I stick primarily to jolokia's and scorpions. I haven't grown the Dorset in a few years now and may sow a couple of seeds for next years grow.

Neil

Just wondering..I read that the Dorset naga was cross pollinated from the Morich for the Dorset UK climate.. Not sure whether to order these seeds from the UK or order the Bombay Morich instead for the topical climate we have here in the R.P..  Is a Bombay Morich plant as prolific a grower/producer as a Dorset?

Swampy_NZ said:
I got 11.8 kgs(26 pounds) off my two large Dorset Nagas last season.
Left and top right plants
looking at this picture gave me a good idea for a christmas tree this year, no decorating needed. Thanks!

Back