• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dot Com's 2012 Grow Log

Start off w/ my habs that weren't far enough along to produce before Fall set-in so I decided to put them in this 2012 Grow Log

Peach on the left, Chocolate in the middle, and Unknown on the right:

6200717245_ffe4852d02_z.jpg

Thats my "3 way daylight, natural color, 6500 K" fluorescent bulb box in the lower right corner.

Piquin seeds I sowed @ 2-days ago. Don't know if these'll sprout as I got them from a jar of dried chili's sold at the spice store. If they're viable, they'll sprout because the set-up I have (pictured) has sprouted all of my plants. It has worked very well for me, 90%+ germination-rate.

6201291096_b9c614de52_z.jpg

Here I was thinking car dealers get an early start on the next years models. ;)

Best of luck to ya Dot Com, hope 2012 is a record breaking year for ya buddy.

Here I was thinking car dealers get an early start on the next years models. ;)

Best of luck to ya Dot Com, hope 2012 is a record breaking year for ya buddy.
Thanks. I grow 75% of mine indoors because I live in a 4th-floor apartment. I only have a 4X7 ft balcony. Had to pull my 4 plants off of the balcony last week for the season because of wind/rain storms.

Thanks everyone. As many of you know, I'm a recreational grower and like growing year round both indoors and out so "seasons" aren't so defined/differentiated for me. Not so sure how photoperiodism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photoperiodism will play into any fruit production. I did put plants outdoors, for the first time, this past season. They do take-off outdoors.

Forgot to add my Fresno that seemed to be playing "catch-up" w/ the rest of the plants. Figured I'd add it to the new grow- log as its only @ a foot tall right now. Just recently put out flower buds but they are taking > a week to bloom. I'm very interested in this plant. All the leaves are facing in the same direction as if it were growing next to a wall but it isn't. I decided to prop it up w/ a stick and only sun it on that side.

6215122492_ab71906c08_z.jpg

So far looks like my Piquins don't want to sprout. :( Could be they're not viable as I got them from a spice store where they're sold for eating.

i think those (and most wild types)can take ±28 days to germinate,
do not be so hasty

it is likely they have a "clock" in them that 'waits' long enough
for the dinosaur to travel some ways away and then :dance: poop them out before sprouting
:crazy:

edited for typo and crap

i think those (and most wild types)can take ±28 days to germinate,
do not be so hasty

it is likely they have a "clock" in them that 'waits' long enough
for the dinosaur to travel some ways away and then :dance: poop them out before sprouting
:crazy:

edited for typo and crap
Oh. Thanks for telling me that. That makes sense. I seem to remember someone posting pics of them naturally growing out in the southwest. Those or Tepins perhaps.

It's Dorset Naga.
Thanks

Back