• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dot Com's 2013 Glog

Just made it under the wire, 3 h 18 m to go to 2013 ;) New grow started using a light for the first time this year. Don't know how many will survive (fingers crossed) because my grow room is not a dedicated grow room & consequently the temp is not above 70. Click on pics for larger view. Not got this hosting site's procedures down yet :oops:

C-Not Madballs Rusty 7-Pot (this one might not make it) & Dorset (R )

viper (L) & Douglah ( R)

indian guhahati[sp.]

over-wintering dorset (L) & red bhut (R )(no green on that one yet):

whole crop (light raised to get pic)

update. Bought some more dirt but it turned out to be potting "mix" which looks like shredded bark/coconut husks/coloire (sp.)? Going to have to go back and get some soil:

1) new peach trinidad scorp seedlings (excited about these because "peach" is not a common variety AFAIK)
2) vipers on left & douglah on right (think I'll prolly get some more dirt & pot these up a size to give them more room & nutrients)
3) dorset naga on left and morouga red (one-time world record heat-level?) seedlings on right

Free Image Hosting by imgbox.com

Plants look healthy.
"Potting Soil" may be a better choice then a "Soiless" medium if your plants will end up in the ground (dirt/compost). Less shock that way. I use a mix indoors to match my planting medium outdoors for the containers, beds, and my inground, which are planted elsewhere.

picked up some plain potting soil to put the douglah & dorset in. Going to let the soil temp rise to my rooms temp before potting-up. Half of the dirt in these pots is from last year so I'll eventually swap all the dirt out w/ nutrient rich dirt. Heres a pic of the Douglah stalk filling in nicely :P :

aciurp5p.jpg

three seem to be growing pretty well or they just grow faster after they get throught the initial stages

douglah 10" height
dorset 5" height
two vipers in same pot 4" height

want to pot-up but don't want to shock them right yet and there isn't a lot of room under my solitary 4 ft flouro bulb for many more larger pots. I think one of my seedlings might die off anyway. I'll have to decide eventually

Looks good, no need to pot up the shorter plants. I'd get the Douglah in a larger pot the wing span is getting pretty wide.

Looks good, no need to pot up the shorter plants. I'd get the Douglah in a larger pot the wing span is getting pretty wide.
I couldn't bear it any longer & went ahead & potted the douglah up. I had a pot sitting in my room w/ new dirt ready for almost a week. Seemed to go alright. No probs. Had to do some pot rearranging under my light but managed to get the the new sized pot up to the proper height.

I couldn't bear it any longer & went ahead & potted the douglah up. I had a pot sitting in my room w/ new dirt ready for almost a week. Seemed to go alright. No probs. Had to do some pot rearranging under my light but managed to get the the new sized pot up to the proper height.

haha, i know that feeling! now just don't over water...

potted-up my viper plant this morning. It was way more root-bound than i would have guessed for a plant 5" tall. :shocked: At first I was going to take an older thai pepper plant and put it in a big container so I could use the 3 qt container it lives in. Not too happy about that prospect but then i remembered I had some extra new pots that I had forgotten about. I was going to see if I could return them earlier in the year for some reason & was upset at the time that I couldn't. Turns out I have four 3 qt pots so I was able to pot the viper up in the exact size container I wanted. :dance: This size has seemed to be the best one for the peppers i have grown so far. Anyway. here's the potted up viper (2nd from left) and potted-up douglah (3rd from right. The next one will be the dorset in a few more weeks (its 2nd from right) The oldest plant in the center is a dorset as well but I only got 1-2 pods off of it its first season. Hope to get many this season. :hot:

I have a question about this seedling, it seems to have black on a couple of the leaves and I'm concerned it could be some kind of virus? Its a Not Madballs Rusty 7-Pot Red Cross Big Pod. IDK if the leaves on this one naturally have black on them like the Pimenta de Neyde pepper plant for instance. Anyone have any idea's?

Probably just a little burn from your lighting, maybe place it a little farther from the light...
thanks for that. Hope you're right as I'd love to be able to produce some of the pods from this strain of pepper. See Nee's grow log? Theres one of these plants in there as well. I didn't get my seeds from Nee though.

Back