• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Douglah color question ..

So I have a Douglah plant growing , pods started off green now there turning orangish/red , do they turn brown afterwards or do I have the red Douglah growing ??? I'd be bummed if it was I was hoping I was growing the brown one . I'll post pics of it tomorrow to dark to take a pic right now ... Thanks , Carlos

harry said:
All the brown varieties I have grown went from green to brown before moving onto a red tint. What you have is most unlikely to turn brown after orange/red.

Agree. Once the green has gone, it will not come back. I.e. it is the green color on the pod combined with red/orange that makes it brown. So if the green has gone, it will not turn brown.

Here's a pic of it ,
11567B67-B5DB-45C7-9BAC-F1A02CE2CC37-974-000000740C2E19C6_zpsfdd730fd.jpg

I bought the plant on eBay , I contacted him and I'm sending him the pic tomorrow . Proballly just a mix up in seed or a mislabeled plant . Other plants I bought from him are growing true . Here's a pic of a reaper I purchased from him .
217AEB09-1755-4883-B8EF-760207F7CA89-974-00000074148D7A25_zps717f23ab.jpg

Just sucks because I live in nyc and its to late to grow out a another plant even if it has flowers on it .

Redrum801 said:
Just sucks because I live in nyc and its to late to grow out a another plant even if it has flowers on it .

Too late for this year? Yes. Too late to get a head-start for next year? No.  ;)

Back