• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid Douglah vs Douglah/Butch T cross

I have a nice pod from Smileyguy697 that is Douglah x Trinidad Scorpion Butch T. I think the seeds came from Silver Surfer and were F4. Is anyone else growing these? Any comments on flavor or heat?

I also have a Douglah from Romy6, so maybe I`ll do a taste test between the two. Look out for all the mayhem that one will bring!!!

:flamethrower:

I have a couple of those seeds.
On the list for next years grow. Interested is hearing if it makes a hotter douglah without the bitterness of the butch.

Uh-oh! I have been waiting on a verdict for this. I had one ripe one before this and it was pretty hot to me. I have only eaten a little bit of one and gave the rest to a friend at work. Got more comming but it seems to be taking forever. Lol! Lets see it Nigel!

Downloading the video right now, but won`t be able to edit it for a while. I need to lie down, I`m so dizzy and high. 

Douglah verdict - One of the top 4 or 5 peppers for heat (Brain Strain>Moruga blend=Douglah>Madballz 7=Reaper). Not much in the way of endorphins

Douglah/Butch T cross - OMFG. At least as hot as the Brian Strain, possibly hotter and definitely longer lasting. Biggest and longest lasting endorphin rush ever. Initial flavor good, extremely similar to the Douglah, but with grassy undertones and a bit of sweetness. It was then very, very bitter for 10-15 seconds, followed by no flavour at all, as my taste buds were blown to smithereens. 

Awesome! Can't wait too see this. Lol.. I wasn't sure how hot it would be bit what i tasted was pretty hot. That was a good sized pod too... Lmfao you're nuts.

About a 90-120 minute high after eating the Douglah/Butch T cross. Felt very calm, serene and very high. The only other pepper to do this to me was the Madballz 7. The high with that one only lasted 30-45 minutes and wasn`t nearly as pronounced.

I`ve had some discomfort in the stomach and a small amount of nausea, but no cramps yet. This Douglah/Butch T cross is a phenomenal pepper.

Had one of these growing, but either it died or it is one of the ones I lost the label for.  Let's hope it's the latter. Any pictures of the pods while we wait for the video?

StupidJerk said:
Had one of these growing, but either it died or it is one of the ones I lost the label for.  Let's hope it's the latter. Any pictures of the pods while we wait for the video?
I'm not there to get any pics but do have these two. I picked it a couple weeks ago. The one Nigel had was way larger and different shaped. There was lots of oil in the first one and can't wait to see the inside of this one.

CAM00670_zpsc21175b9.jpg

CAM00672_zps44962b4d.jpg

I have 8 of these plants, I think. One was started last fall and has been producing pods similar shaped but they have ripened red not brown. I am interested to see what the other 7 turn out like.

I had a similar experience heat-wise. Definitely in the top 5 that I have tried. I don't eat whole pods though, and am not the best judge. I should have a bunch in a couple of weeks off the (red) plant. I will try to get some sent out to a few of you reviewers.

Back