• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Downriver 2023 - Pepper Time

Like others, I debated on having a Glog this year, but figured “what the heck”. It's been fun in past years, so let's give it a go.

Hopefully we'll end up posting pictures like this later in the Season! 🤞

Peppers IMG_20220910_153327947_HDR.jpg

It just dawned on me, I never closed out this glog (thanks for the reminder @Sulsa).

As I'm sure you know, the pepper patch is long gone dead.
Garden - EOS - Peppers IMG_20231107_153556120.jpg

I'm pretty satisfied, overall, with this year's production, even with all the bumps along the way. As a result, we've made quite a few hot sauces, totaling somewhere around 120 bottles. That should last for a while. Here's one batch (don't remember which one).
Canning - Hot Sauce IMG_20231111_180236018.jpg

Oh, I did forget to post about the 7-pot Savannah. They were kinda late, but we still ended up with a pretty nice harvest. DAMN, these things are HOT! As promised, I'll be offering seeds in a little bit, plus I put some on the Seed Train. You probably can still jump on that as well.
Pepper - 7Pot Savannah IMG_20231122_181051084~2.jpg

So, that's it. Thanks to all who have followed along. Not sure if I'll do another one for 2024, but I said that about 2023. So, we'll see, lol.
Happy New Year to all you pepper-eatin maniacs! :cheers:

Oops. I forgot this year's seed offer, lol!

As in years past, as a way to thank all who followed along in this Glog, I've decided to do a simple seed giveaway to those who qualify*. I collect seeds from most everything I grow. If there's something in this Glog that interests you, just send me a PM. If I've got extra seeds, they're yours. No postage required. First come, first served. Keep in mind, most of these seeds will be open pollinated / non-isolated. Crosses are always possible, but historically are not very common in my garden. See below to see if you qualify.

Hopefully we can do this again next season!

Thanks for reading!

*Ways to qualify for free seed offer
1) If you posted a comment in this Glog PRIOR to this one. Thanks for your support!
OR
2) If you are currently a THP Extreme Member. Doesn't matter when you became one. Consider this offer a perk (from me) for supporting the Forum.
OR
3) As of this post, you must have been a member on The Hot Pepper for at least 3 months and have at least 50 posts to the forums. If you have not been on THP for 3 months or more and with at least 50 posts, then have a member with 6 months or more experience vouch for you.

Note: I will be making this offer in my Garden Glog as well. Give it a look!

Back