chinense Dragon49 Reviews the Peach Bhut Jolokia

As I state in the video, I may have eaten small pieces of hotter peppers, but this is the hottest pepper that I have eaten whole.  I exaggerated the time that I was off-camera.  It was probably around 90 seconds. 
I need to thank the ghostpepperstore folks for gifting me that and some other peppers with my order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQjpEj9tXsM

Mark, good on you for taking these on.  Not too many people in the world are willing eat these, let alone record it for others to see.  Quick bit of advice though.  Do a pod without drinking any milk, eating cheese, eating peanut butter, etc.  You don't have to record it if you don't want to.  The reason I'm telling you this, is if you just let it burn, your tolerance will increase dramatically!  Trying to dull the burn will only hinder your body from developing a tolerance.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the endorphin rush will be much greater if you don't dull the burn too!  Love that endorphin rush!

dragon49 said:
I guess that I'm not tough enough. The back of my throat was killing me so much, that I needed relief.

It's really not a question of toughness, IMO.  3 years ago, Mango Habanero sauce at Buffallo Wild Wings was the hottest I was able to eat, and even then that was drinking multiple drinks to ease the pain.  Anything hotter and I was VERY quick to reach for something to relieve the pain as it was, at the time, horrible.  I then got the idea to get some dried Bhut Jolokias.  I had seen a bunch of videos of people eating them and being flat out ruined by them.  I started getting curious as to how hot they truly were, so I went on amazon and bought some.  I was DETERMINED that I would last at least 5 minutes without drinking anything when I ate my first one.  My wife can attest, I was crying like a baby, nose running like a faucet, and I was HURTING.  But I stuck with my goal and persevered through it, and I got a HUGE rush of endorphines.  I felt GOOD for about 30 minutes after the burn subsided.  About a week later, having the memory of the endorphin rush in my head, I got the stupid idea to try another one.  Lo and behold, that one did not seem NEARLY as hot as the one before it.  That started me down the road of wanting to eat hotter and hotter foods/peppers/etc.

So that long winded reply was just to try to convince you that one night of extreme pain can get you in shape to take on almost anything spicy.  Now of course you'll find there are peppers that still bring you down to earth (the Brown Moruga Scorpion in my case), but those become fewer and farther between as you continue to build your tolerance.  But I still stand firm in saying that the quickest way to build a big tolerance is to just dive in the deep end.  Eat one of the hottest you can, and make sure you don't try to dull the pain.  Just embrace it!

Brian is spot on. 

The worst part of my first Superhot was the panic. It was so incredibly different to anything I`d eaten before - heat, pain, cold sweats, endorphin rush. I had no idea what I was getting into and freaked out a bit. I also got the oil in my eye. Thought I`d need to go to the emergency room. 

Keep on with it, but maybe start a little further down the heat scale and build your tolerance. There are some awesome varieties to choose from. 

Back