• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Dreadie's Panko Crusted Salmon

Here's a fish dish I often make . Where I live in the flatlands of Texas you can't get fresh fish unless you go to the "CatFish Farm". That's it !

Not like you lucky guy's in Florida . Mmmmm fish dem jus' outta' water …. Dang I'd love a good Red Snapper or Parrot Fish at this time …. or most anytime.

Salmon is one fish we can easily get .The wife is not crazy about the taste of fish. So at times I have to respect her wishes and kind of dress up or is that cover up the fish a little ? So today it was Panko Crusted Salmon. We also had steamed vegetables and a salad.

I make a mixture of the following first :

1/4 cup butter or "I wish the hell it was butter " if your doc's been riding you …... at room temperature so you can mix it

3 Tbs Grainy Dijon Mustard

1 1/2 Tbs Honey or Maple syrup . I used Maple syrup today.

1/3 cup or the amount you might like … Grated fresh Ginger

Hot pepper ….. I 've used many different types and all seem to work fine. The only thing IMHO is you don't want to over power the fish . I use Scotch Bonnets , not much , maybe 1/2 tea or so . With this I also like to add Trinidad Perfumes at times. Lot's of flavor no heat.. This time I'm using frozen slices of Aji Limons that I grew. Not all that hot but has a nice bite and a very good citrus flavor to me. ( the seeds for those came from that Dude in Finland " and 2 Trinidad Perfumes .

This is those items ready to be mixed . Mix well and cover the Salmon

DSCF3295.jpg

DSCF3291.jpg

I make a breading type of mixture using 1/4 cup or so of Panko Bread crumbs mixed with 1/4 cup of pecan chips or what every you like. I also add toasted Pumpkin seeds. A guy could do what all most anything .... This is what my Panko mixture looks like

DSCF3303.jpg

I cover the Salmon fellets with the mustard mixture … spread around good. Then top and push down good enough beard crumbs to cover it well. Then bake at 400 for 15 minutes or so. If the top hasn't browned a little I turn the broiler on until I like the color.

DSCF3337.jpg

This is Salmon along with chopped green onions and diced small tomatoes .

DSCF3342.jpg

DSCF3301.jpg

Mixed steamed veggies with butter and a little sliced Fatalii pepper

DSCF3329.jpg

Salad with everything in it. Nuts , Blue berries , feta , red onion slices , etc

DSCF3323-1.jpg

Peace,
P.Dreadie

salmon is my favorite fish. that looks awesome! those steamed veggies are looking real wonderful also. nice job :dance:

ill let you keep that salad with onions all to yourself though, ;) toss those bastards and im eating 2 helpings of salad! im sure someone at the table would take them.

I am liking that salmon for sure. My wife isn't real keen on the salmon either but I'm thinkin she be down for some of that.
The rabbit food looks pretty dang good as well and I love feta.

I'll take Sic's onions....
What time is dinner?

Man, that looks delicious! I'm thinking that custom Panko mixture would do well on several fishies! Steamed veggies are always a winner. I like them grilled too. But who wants to grill in a blizzard right?
Awesome eats!

Back