• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Dreadie's Pork Chops in Apricot-Kumquat sauce

This is what I made yesterday ... This not a true Moroccan dish at all , just simply a combination of spices I like that are used in many Middle Eastern dishes. They blend well with dried fruits .

This was served with steamed baby potatoes and couscous .

4 Thick bone in Pork Chops
6 Kumquats … halved , pulp scooped out and the rinds julienned then diced
1/2 cup dried Apricots chopped
A few Raisins and dried Barberries
1 medium onion chopped
1/2 Red Bell pepper diced
2 or 3 cloves of garlic finely diced
1 cup or so of Apple juice
3 table spoons distilled white vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon catsup
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon or more cayenne …. I used 1/2 a frozen Fatilii because I like their flavor with fruits

Salt & pepper the chops then brown chops on both sides , remove and set aside. Sauté onions for a few minutes then add the bell pepper. In a few more minutes add garlic , kumquats , and spices. Sauté a minute or so until you have a nice aroma . Then apple juice , vinegar , sugar , sugar , and catsup. Stir for a minute then add the chops back in , cover and cook on a low heat until chops are done.

Peace,
P.Dreadie

DSCF3425.jpg

great choice in additives bet it was very fulfilling and great portion size....meaning just right, not too large.
i never had kumquats before, until this year, when i found them in a grocery store on clearance, so i bought a bag, now i have half a dozen kumquat trees growing.

I forgot how much I love juicy seared pork chops, and I am going to try this, or something similar! That sweet chutney-like sauce sounds awesome! Chops gotta be thick cut like that, not the skinny ones at the market.

I lik'em thick cut pork chops, 2". The Fatalii's were a nice touch.....or should I say ouch...Great combo of the fresh and dried fruits.

Back