• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

dried Dried Bhuts now stocked at Central Market grocery store!

I was visiting the local grocery store the other day and happened upon dried bhuts, fresno's, and a few other peppers.  I was particularly surprised about the Bhut's however.  Anybody that's looking in the central Texas area need not look further, go visit central market.  

Also, I'm a bit surprised by the fresno's and jalapeno's in our area don't seem very hot, not like when I lived in New Mexico.  Has anybody else noticed this?  It took 3 large Jalapeno's and 2 Fresno's in the salsa just to have some heat but it's about 50% pepper now.  

mstang1988 said:
I was visiting the local grocery store the other day and happened upon dried bhuts, fresno's, and a few other peppers.  I was particularly surprised about the Bhut's however.  Anybody that's looking in the central Texas area need not look further, go visit central market.  

Also, I'm a bit surprised by the fresno's and jalapeno's in our area don't seem very hot, not like when I lived in New Mexico.  Has anybody else noticed this?  It took 3 large Jalapeno's and 2 Fresno's in the salsa just to have some heat but it's about 50% pepper now.  

If you want hot jalapenos go to some of the Mexican stores in town like Fiesta or El Mercado. Not only do their jalapenos tend to be hotter, they usually have red ripe jalapenos in stock too.

Back