• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

dried Dried Nagas... now at your Local Supermarket

Well.... at mine anyway. This was very unexpected...

2009-11-23%2017.24.27.jpg

"Product of India" Hell Yeah! :hell:

Found at Central Market in South Austin.

Retails for $3.99 and contains about 6 dried chiles.

chillilover said:
Mine are dryed and are still bright red.

He said heated, not dried. I think what he was trying to say is that if they are over heated whilst drying they will be darker hence having a more un natural and bitter flavour. Just my .02.

chuck,

good find man. I have my dried Bhuts to last me for 2 years if I don't use fresher crop.
Yet, I now know where to get more poison to shoot up my arteries.

You have a keen eye man.

NJA

Novacastrian said:
Yes, REALLLLLYY!!! You ever tried one mate?

I think he was laughing that they say the 10+ out of 10 was a scoville scale reading instead of saying "1 000 000 on the scoville scale."

It will start popping up all over soon, possibly even as a Doritos flavor, where you will barely taste it..... marketing!

The question is what name will be given to this pepper for marketing purposes. Most likely Ghost. Possibly Jolokia (minus Bhut or Bih).

thehotpepper.com said:
It will start popping up all over soon, possibly even as a Doritos flavor, where you will barely taste it..... marketing!

The question is what name will be given to this pepper for marketing purposes. Most likely Ghost. Possibly Jolokia (minus Bhut or Bih).

I think it's going to be "Ghost Pepper". People have been coming into work asking for that. That was also what they were called on that 'Man Vs. Food" episode that a lot of people seem to have seen.

I tried half of one of these today ( re-hydrated) including some of the seeded part. Pretty damn hot but doesn't seem hotter than fresh ones. The fresh ones taste better and quite different than these.

Nice find chuk im lucky to find decent jalapenos in my grocery stores around here. I have had a few dried and never one fresh but the dried didn't seem crazy hot.

Looking to grow my own next year with the seeds skydiver generously gave me. :dance:

At least those are picked ripe. A lot of the nagas that used to come from from India appeared to be picked green which is apparently how they are most often used there

Back