• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Droopy Galapagos

Just looking for some advice with others who are growing C. galapagoense this season. I noticed this morning that one of two plants was looking a bit droopy and even a little chlorotic. My first thought is that these guys are a bit more temperature sensitive than other species. The windowsill I left the little guy on last night may have been a bit too chilly. Has anyone else noticed this with galapagos in general??? :think:

C. galapagoense are very sensitive to temperature water light and every thing its my favorit to grow but very hard to harvest from

Thanks gal! I'm giving the two galapagoense that I germinated some T.L.C. at the moment. These little guys will be a real test of my abilities I believe.

Interesting observation. It looks like some of the lower leaves are losing pigment. I'm wondering if the chlorophyll started to retreat out of the leaf due to the temperature.

I started germinating some galapagos seeds about a week ago, and I can already see a couple of seedlings popping up through the soil. This is my first attempt at growing at wild chile pepper, and I have been reading around here and the web that it's hard to get them to produce peppers. At least they weren't as hard to germinate as I had thought! Keep us updated on how yours are doing, and I'll do the same...

I've been researching all day and getting opinions from other growers. I've narrowed it down to three possible causes.
  1. Temperature too low for seedlings
  2. pH too high in potting soil
  3. Exposure to sunlight too high for seedlings

Back