• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Droopy pale green leaves

Hello folks. I need to bounce some ideas off the rest of you growers to confirm a plant issue I'm having. During this time of the year, it is very common to overwater your plants due to the threat of high daytime heat. I've noticed some of my plants have drooping pale green leaves with an almost rubbery texture. I'm thinking these plants are showing symptoms of overwatering but wanted some other opinions.

DROOPY ANAHEIM
002-2.jpg

001-5.jpg

Do the leaves perk backup at night? I've had a few plants do that -during the day the would drop and sag and at night they were very upright -

most of my garden stuff is doing that during the day but when i get home at midnight and let the dogs out they are all reaching for the sky stiff and strong :cool:

If it's getting really hot and humid they will droop and get flimsy during the day and then perk up at night, just like everyone else said. We are having to put ours in the shade as much as possible down here with 110F heat index days that seem to be the norm right now.

They stay like this throughout the day and into the evening. I'm going to decrease the amount of water for a little while to see what happens.

I have noticed that upward and inward leaf curl you can see on some of the leaves when my plants first show signs of too much water. I also wonder if it may just be caused by the heat.

I have been splitting up 4-6 gallons between + 200 plants, once in the morning and again in the evening if it is really hot. I use a 2 gallon pressure sprayer to direct water. Doesn't sound like much, but I'm able to soak the soil directly below the plant if need be. I'm really into water conservation.

In the heat here I try to water mid day around 3 and I only have to water once. Even 3 gallon pots in 100 degrees. I pull the leaves aside as much as possible just in case water can burn your plants in direct sun, which is debatable as I'm sure you know.

Peppers don't seem to like wet feet - definitely back off on the watering. You just don't want to let them get bone-dry, but keep in mind that is down at the root level - just because the surface is dry doesn't mean the soil isn't holding water below.

Back