• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

dropping new leaves/Flowers

I have a jamican red mushroom that was growing well and now has almost 20 peppers on it, and i noticed all the new growth/flowers were yellowing and dropping. all the curren pods are not dropping just the new growth. is this because the plants has reached its max capasity? or some kind of deficiency? i have it in a fir bark/perlite/sunshine growers mix at 5-1-1. i water every 7-10 days or the leaves wilt and every other watering i feed with Foliage pro at 3/4tsp/gallon with a tblsp of vinegar for PH reasons.

Eric

I notice a bunch of leave dropping when it is growing peppers. It focuses most of its energy into making the peppers. When the peppers are ripe enough and you pick them, you will notice more leaves growing back.

I notice a bunch of leave dropping when it is growing peppers. It focuses most of its energy into making the peppers. When the peppers are ripe enough and you pick them, you will notice more leaves growing back.
Thanks! that is what i was thinking but not sure and wanted some assurance. i have not noticed older leaves dropping just new ones turing yellow and falling off. hopefully ina couple weeks i will have a ripe pepper or 10 to pick

E

Just pick all of the leaves off that are old or larger than 2". Those are the useless sucker leaves that are just sucking the energy out of the plant anyway. Once you get rid of all those leaves you will notice the plant has replaced them with peppers.

Back