• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

dropping pods

Some of my seedlings are not loosing the seed case when they pop up. Is there a reason and a fix for this? It is the worse on the Tobago and I think only 1 of the 3 that came up will survive because of this.

Grrr. Frustration setting in lol.

Most of the time mine pop off on their own. Other times a careful hand and some small tweezers or nail clippers will do the trick

I tried doing that with the tweezers and stuff.. and I ended up pulling off the leaves twice.. even though I thought I was very very careful, I even wet the heck out of the seed before trying it..

but I have noticed that a few of the seedlings that came up recently were like that, when the last 2 trays I had, I maybe had 1, or 2 at most do that.. but I think the Hoffman's is pretty lite.. or something like that.. but anyways, when that happens now, I just spray the seed cases with water twice a day or so to keep it damp. and the seed case will come off on it's own.. worked great for the last 4 that it happened to.. .can't go wrong with that

Its pretty simple to do. Just use your 2 thumbnails and pry it apart. No damage because you won't pull anything.

I am more of the strongest of the fittest kinda guy.,. i leave them be if they don't grow out of it, I pinch hew head and let fate take it's role... It typically works.
't

or you could squeeze the tweezers the other way.. you know.. instead of grasping the seed pouch on the flat side.. turn the tweezers 90 and give it a little squeeze.. might open them up a bit more..
I had a couple like that as well. I did spray a bit of water on the "trapped" leaves and it released itself as well..

Leave them alone and read a book, they'll do fine.

crop3400.jpg

Back