brown sugar
sweet baby ray's bbq sauce
sierra nevada's porter
simmering water from beans

20150225_141014_zps6ysnmph3.jpg

20150225_141053_zps2ymbxlgh.jpg

20150225_141028_zpshzqsbyuk.jpg

20150225_141033_zps2sqa1msi.jpg

Wasn't sure where to put this- but I just got done shoveling my roof for hopefully the last time this winter. ima gonna munch down wicked hard bub.. enjoy  :cheers:

Hot damn, that looks tasty ...

Much love here for SBR's here - don't let anyone start hating on SBR's ...

Does the hock add much beyond the bacon ...

Ham hocks aren't something I come across often in my travels ...

They must be in a case I don't frequent at my spot, or at the grocery, because I just don't see them for some reason ...

Maybe they are in opaque packaging ... I tend to overlook the stuff I can't see the food through ...

I get my smoked hocks at a local spot that smokes them fresh. A good smoked hock is heavenly. Really gives an extra depth of smokey pork goodness that can't be replicated without imo.  I know wholefoods has them but note sure of the quality. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Dutch oven!
They would do great in a DO. I cook mine in a traditional bean pot. when they are done cooking I dump them out into a larger vessel to cool like the one in pics- helps them not over cook and go to mush. 
FreeportBum said:
I get my smoked hocks at a local spot that smokes them fresh. A good smoked hock is heavenly. Really gives an extra depth of smokey pork goodness that can't be replicated without imo.  I know wholefoods has them but note sure of the quality. 

They would do great in a DO. I cook mine in a traditional bean pot. when they are done cooking I dump them out into a larger vessel to cool like the one in pics- helps them not over cook and go to mush. 

woops you mean thr DO thread haha

Back