• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

dwc fellas!

HotPeppas

Banned
Ive wanted to dwc for awhile. But its painful to find out how to build it. I dont understand it at all

Can any give me a good 4 tub dwc guide? Thanks!!

I'm sure there are a number of videos you can check out on youtube if you actually want to see it done step-by-step.

I have been doing dwc and I love it but the only thing is I can't find a hydro system that has more than one bucket. I got all the materials need do in the future I'm going to put up a 4 site 5 gallon hydro system on YouTube.

Sweet! Id love to purchase the parts for a starter dwc if i knew what i needed. I look foward to the video!

Thanks spongey for the advice, I found videos of different bucket sites but none that were about how to build them or set them up.

Just a bit of advice - making a recirculating dwc is a bit more complex than simply interconnecting multiple dwc containers with a reservoir/controller. Definitely find a video or really good guide before building an RDWC...

I custom-make hydro systems and sell some in four local stores, and by far and away, RDWC is the biggest pain in the a$$...

HotPeppas they do grow great in 5 gallon bucket. And if you want you can also grow in 3 gallon bucket as well. Both work great

Sure, given the right TLC...it seems to be a popular method for hydro peppers. You can see pics on a couple different threads including one by Alpha Hydroponics and another habaneroheat81 (i think...). Do a search for "brain strain" and "dwc"...

Thought I would post a couple pics to this thread. The first is a small, four-tote dwc I use for seed starting/hardening off; the second pic is a little prototype RDWC I built a while back. Both are really effective at growing peppers. Hope you enjoy!

PatioDWC1.jpg

RDWCPrototype.jpg

I am converting one bin into its own dwc bin! Gonna grow.a.monster!!! Or ill make a setu like.you have there but with 4-6 buckets

One of the best things about stand-alone DWC systems is their simplicity - cut some holes, add an airstone(s), fill with nutrient solution, and drop in your plants. I actually made that system and had it up and running in a little over an hour...

Just one thing about the RDWC I posted above. I always build prototypes before trying to sell systems, and that one is a prototype. Two words should guide your endeavors if you are a do-it-yourselfer: square buckets! If you go with pipe sizes larger than 1/2", the grommets might not seal against the bucket. Nevertheless, this prototype gave amazing results: I had to cut a chunk of the roots out just to free the airstone!

Just so you know, the roots were pearly white until I shut the system down, opened the lid, and thought to myself, "This sh*t can wait." They started turning brown the next couple days until I could clean it out.

RDWCRootMass.jpg

A good ph meter is more importsnt than ppm as my nute bottle has the amount to get certsin ppm's so i just followed thst for awhile till i found a cheap one snd iit works grest for me

How often do you guys find you need to adjust pH? I have had my system going for almost 3 weeks now....3 gallon DWC with maxibloom and hydroton. First nutrient bath was with tap water, and the second was with RO water. I have some universal pH test paper and have seen variations from about 5.5-6.5, but in general, the pH is pretty stable. How closely regulated do you try to keep it?

Back