• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

misc Earliest hot peppers?

I think Anders might be right. My earliest to ripen is alway the cayennesque Buena Mulata . The sweet but slightly spicy paprika spice varieties are also very early, my favorite of the latter is sweet kalocsai.

I have a few plants producing indoors currently. My reaper (primo) x brainstrain cross I call Abaddon and a Aji Amarillo cross both producing currently. I'm not going crazy on the indoor plants this winter, just a few to hold me over. I froze a ton of peppers from the past season. I am in PA. I get a few ripe peppers per week.

I have a few plants producing indoors currently. My reaper (primo) x brainstrain cross I call Abaddon and a Aji Amarillo cross both producing currently. I'm not going crazy on the indoor plants this winter, just a few to hold me over. I froze a ton of peppers from the past season. I am in PA. I get a few ripe peppers per week.
FYI: The Reaper/Primo x Brainstrain crosse has already been made and is currently sold under the name of RB003 (3rd plants from its creator, Ross Barber an Australian grower). Also, the Abadon name is already taken; Jose Souza (touchimze over IG) has chosen this one for one of his crosses about 3 years ago. I think it's a Reaper x bleeding pepper but I can't remembre which one...

That being said your selection process will most likely lead to a completely different pepper but I wanted to inform you about that as it is not too late to look for another name!

Back