• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

raised-bed Easy 3 cu yd raised bed?

So I saw these at Lowe's the other day, an I wondered if anybody had ever used them to make a raised bed/fabric pot.
0089590200200_500X500.jpg

~ 30 bucks.

If the material can stand the UV exposure, that would be interesting to try out. The price is right, but I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around the dimensions.
3cy = 3 x 27cf =  81cf = ?h x ?l x?d

JJJessee said:
If the material can stand the UV exposure, that would be interesting to try out. The price is right, but I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around the dimensions.
8 X 4 X 2.5 on their site.

JJJessee said:

According to the website it's 96" L 48" D 30" H

makes it 8' x 4' x 2.5' = 80 cf 

since there are 27 cf to 1 cy

80 / 27 = 2.96cy 

The Bagster bag is made of a woven polypropylene according to the site 

However there's this also to consider: Polypropylene is liable to chain degradation from exposure to heat and UV radiation such as that present in sunlight.

So, might not be a good long term deal but for 1 season to get something in the ground it might be ok.

Raised beds are very easy construct. Beds can be made out of just about ANYTHING, cinder blocks, logs, left over building material, lumber, brick, barrels, stone/rock and even prefabricated. It's just a matter of anchoring them and how long they will last. IMO, beds for peppers don't have to be all that deep (8-24").

Back