eBay listing/selling question

salsalady

Business Member
This question relates to the upcoming Fluffy Bunny for Charity project that's kicking off this weekend.  Hopefully someone can answer-

I have over 60 sets of hot sauces (one collector bottle and one taster bottle) that are signed and numbered.  I have them set up on e-Bay to sell as a set price for each set and I have each number listed as an "option", so hopefully, when set #23 gets purchased, it will drop off the available list and show as sold.  (I hope...:lol:  Haven't done this type of selling before...)

The question is-
Since this is a project for charity, some people may want to pay more than the asking price.  Is there an option where the buyer can pay more than the asking price?  Like when they Check Out, can they change the "Amount Due" to a higher amount? 

Thanks for constructive replies~
SL

I dont know if the amount due can be changed. What I recommend you do is to set the listing as a bidding auction and just list the starting bid at the lowest price you will accept per listing. That way if people want to donate/bid more they can. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Megahot,  I don't want to do them all as auctions as some people want certain numbers for their collections.  As it's for a charity project, I want people to be able to just purchase whatever number set they want (first come, first dibs) knowing that most of the money will be going to charity.  I'm keeping enough to cover shipping (I can't afford to ship 69 packages out of pocket). but some people would be willing to pay $5 more to cover the shipping.

Sets #1 and #69 will have separate auctions, especially as set #1 is extremely coveted by collectors. 

DP, thanks, I'd also thought of that, but I'm hoping to make it as easy as possible.  If they could just add it to the payment price, that would be sweet.  But if it can't happen, then paypal it is~  

Auctions are launching on June 9th ;)

Back