vendor Ebay seller stole my photo...

Hey all...Please go to ebay and report this seller for using my photo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221371637179

He tried to get tricky and make a mirror image and only used the pod on the left but here is the original...
r1hSc6h.jpg

and here is his add...
$_57.JPG

The jerk even had the nerve to put his watermark on my image!!! He was reported to me by a new member that looked me up because he stole some of his photos too. If anyone is smarter than I am about how to get in direct contact with this seller I would appreciate the info!

Thanks all!
Shane

Found his email address...even better. 

fall9797bargains@outlook.com

Send him some love please!

SmokenFire said:
I'm sure you didn't intend it Filmost, but your post reads like that good ole boy adage 'if you don't want to get raped don't wear that outfit'. You're correct it's incredibly easy to lift a watermark. Saying 'don't put it on the internet if you don't want it stolen' is not really an option for retailers though - how many people will really purchase something without a picture (or multiple pics)in the description? Something we could use is an enterprising mind to code a simple software program that will comb the net comparing text strings with images for dupes. Set it up to run weekly or monthly and take requisite action as needed or warranted. And make it available in exchange for pods/seeds/sauces or powders of course :)

Didn't intend that at all :-). You're right, it really isn't an option for retailers but at what length should/would you go to protect your content, and would it really be worth the trouble? I understand how infuriating it can be seeing your stuff used to scam people (truly I do. happy you got it resolved stc). On the other hand I can also understand how infuriating it can be seeing your images used for laughs as memes. Where exactly do we draw the line?

Getty Images is doing something new with their images recently, allowing you free access to a big chunk of their library for free. In exchange for embedding copyright info and a link to the licensing page below the image, you can drop any image you want into your content w/o dealing with watermarks. That is saying a lot about the state of images on the internet.

And just so you know, CMSes can be configured to accept embedded image links instead of image uploads for use in content. Which is also a plus for the small biz owner who doesn't have a beefy server, b/c you just saved yourself a ton of bandwidth.

But I digress, we are going quite a bit off topic. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Nice work. Just wanted to make sure we all had skills ;)

Haha, I wouldn't exactly call it skill.  ;)

There are cases where it would be difficult. Perhaps if you worked the logo in all over the pepper, making into part of the texture, then it would be harder to lift. The idea behind content aware fill is that it analyzes the surrounding areas and generates the results, so I would think it would screw people up. That said, not everyone is after a high resolution image so if they decide to introduce noise or blur it up then you're still SOL.

filmost said:

Challenge accepted. Completed in about a minute. Of course I have no idea how accurate you want it, but if I were going to steal an image then I wouldn't sweat the details that much, b/c most people wouldn't tell a difference.

For full disclosure, I used the spot healing tool w/ content aware fill.

Oh yeah, and I am totally jelly. This must be a suh-weet lens you have!

post-7027-0-87520100-1394543712.jpg

Nice work. That watermark would have me stumped. I have no software available to erase it.

Now that we are in a digital age, almost nothing is impossible. I still love my days in the darkroom, and developing 50+ rolls of T-Max film pushed to ISO 6400. Kids these days are spoiled with point, shoot, and delete or right click "save as".

I remember when I was using a light meter to double check exposures against the camera's light meter. Shooting on film took skill.

I know it sucks now that any little kid can steal your image. What are we to do? I have tried water marking too, but PhotoShop is way sophisticated now.

This is the entitlement generation we are dealing with. "If it's your, now it's mine."

that guy on ebay is a total arse. he has changed the image but has just constructed another image. this one doesn't even resemble a reaper and im sure he would have altered the image from the stolen original but i can't find it on Google. also there is no way on earth they are genuine and i doubt he has ever grown a chilli in his life, he knows nothing about them

221395846703 this is the latest one. someone must recognise that chilli

131039045917 also check this one out. found the image on Google images. the original was the chilli on white kitchen paper. he has removed the background and rotated the image. someone must recognise this, very distinctive shape. i reported it to ebay but got told that it needs to be reported by the owner

When I look up Trinidad Scorpion Cardi, I see my photo being used to sell seeds.  It's my avatar photo. I posted the picture also to Dave's garden,but they
put a copyright on it.

Back