• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

eCigz --vaping

I've been smoking for around 45 years and the other day I decided to quit ( waking up blind in one eye gives one radical ideas).
I bought a couple of disposable eCigs and by gawd it worked !
I haven't had a tobacco cig in 2 weeks today. I just ordered a rechargeable type with "red" cartridges.
If you've been wanting to quit try some out. I did the patches, gum and other useless shit over the years. This worked for me.

Now. How do we break an eCig addiction ? Load some cartridges with pure Ghost oil ? :hell:

Good job man. They didn't work for me. You really have to wanna quit to actually do it. Good for you tho man, its a hard thing to do!

Good job man. They didn't work for me. You really have to wanna quit to actually do it. Good for you tho man, its a hard thing to do!

true.

i was thinking those would be cool for when you are drinking. its the only time i wanna smoke. good luck Arenal :)

You gotta want to do it.

The best you can do for your body is quit. I smoked on and off for a few years. I just quit for good about 8 months ago. Now I feel like im in better shape than when I was in my 20's. Im now 41.

I still like to have a nice cigar once in a blue moon.

Continued Success ABG! Feeling the bennies yet? Improved senses and all that good stuff???

Thanks for sharing the tip! :)

Continued Success ABG! Feeling the bennies yet? Improved senses and all that good stuff???

Thanks for sharing the tip! :)
I guide tourists occasionally in some pretty serious terrain and I've noticed making the trip up to my water source(one mile-600 foot elevation increase) has "seemed" to be easier to breathe. My sinus problems seem to have diminished a bunch.

I still feel the Jonezing after meals but really force myself to wait over an hour before a hit off the eCig. I usually go feed my animals and walk all of the garden trails.
Same in the morning.Normally it was/awake/cig/porcelain throne. Now I wait at least an hour before the eCig. I'll extend that to two hours soon. Waking up-2 hours before eCig/three meals/two hours after each meal for a toke or two off the eCig.
That works out to about 8-10 hours with no smoke. Add showers, driving etc.
I'll make it work now that I only have one functional eye. No more choices :shame: .No more excuses. :shame:
Blind is not an option.Nor is disabled.

You seem to have a great plan! Mixing up the routine is key, right?

Your eye...was that smoking related? (as in poor circulation/mini stroke). Reversible?

Keep up the good work! :)

You seem to have a great plan! Mixing up the routine is key, right?

Your eye...was that smoking related? (as in poor circulation/mini stroke). Reversible?

Keep up the good work! :)
Thanks. A combo of crap I suppose. I've had tachycardia for years and been on a questionable med( amiodarone) but it's the only thing that has worked for me.
I drank like Ozzy.Knocked that back by 90% too. Two 3 oz drinks after 7pm. #2 is almost gone right now.
It is known that the med leaves calcium plaque in the arteries(and eyes). Blood pressure has always been on the higher side ( 140/80).
I suppose mini-stroke would be a decent term since it isn't debilitating( other than the eye) and didn't involve the brain. It is not reversible. Once the retina is cut off from 02 by an embolism it dies in minutes, if not seconds.
The only good part was a killa chopper ride off this mountain range down to sea level to the hospital as the sun was rising !

Well, at least the good eye can still see the bright side of things!!! :)

I like to believe our love for chiles keeps us in better health than we'd be in otherwise!
That, and being grateful for what's still workin' right! haha

I recently quit smoking on and off for 2 months with e-cigs.
The 1st time I tried a Blu disposable from Walgreens (for 10$), I didn't smoke a analog cig for 2 weeks.

I ordered a kit from V-Cigs and it never gave me the same draw/satisfaction.

I have smoked for 20 yrs and have never put down a cig for 2 weeks much less 2 days...Ever

Congrats man! I quit smoking a little over 11 months ago. I stared using nicotine mints and then switched to chewing cigars, then back to mints, then I picked up skoal....now I'm gonna go back to mints and really try to quit this nicotine. Because even though quitting smoking is good, nicotine is still a vasoconstrictor. Sounds like you are on the right track! Keep it up. If you don't have your health, you don't have anything! Get'ter done.

An honest desire is what did it for me. We all have said we were going to quit but had that half of a pack in the glovebox for when the sheeeeeiit hit the fan. I smoked for 22 years(34 years old) and when I realized that it was the stupidest thing that I had ever done,is when I quit. Well I have had it under arrest for 10 months..... Never going to say I quit because I may decide to smoke one tomorrow. We all started smoking to fit in,or because our grandpa looked cool doing it. Not good reasons!!! Physical,and psychological addiction... Makes it tough to put them down. All these gimmicks do is feed the psychological part of it. And they don't help you calm down,or take your stress away. They are a stimulant, it's like saying you need a line of coke,and a triple latte to calm down. Good luck to all !

I smoked for about 10 years. Anywhere from 2+ packs to 1 pack. I had tried quitting a couple of times and it never stuck. I was getting married and decided to quit because I wanted to spend more time with my younger wife (woo hoo!) and did not want to be a burden. The thing I decided was i would rather spend the rest of my days craving than smoking. Because i made that choice I didn't cheat. The other thing I did was quit drinking. The number of fat ladies that have been "frostied" is an indication of how bad choices come from drinking.

Some of us are just wired differently. I haven't smoked for 5+years.If my wife left me I would go straight to the smokeshop and light up as soon as I could. Now with the ecigs I would smoke at work. It took about 5 years but I now can go a day without a craving. The thought of having to go through those first few years again keeps me from cheating.

I've been looking into the esmokes. It seems they are actually a lot less expensive than Marlboros. I always said 'they' would tax me out of my habit one day. Its just now too expensive. Seems to me, being uneducated in this....that the ecigs are cheaper than the gums/mints? Does that sound right?
Great job ABG!!

Great decision ABG, I quit about 20 years ago when i met my wife, I knew she would never put up with it and it just happened to coincide with my brand going over a dollar US at the Post Commissary. I was checking out at Walgreens the other day and happened to notice that a pack is now over six dollars, DANG!! I wish the ecigs were available back then or the patch or gum. I was a grouchy bear for a couple of weeks but we were out on a field exercise for that time so she never had to deal with any of it. They say that your lungs will be as pink as ever in two years and after ten years you’ll be as good as you ever were. All I know is that after six months I felt like a new man. So keep at it there are better days ahead.

I'm with you Chewi! I feel like the gov't gets enough of my hard earned money....witholding cigarette tax from 'em will probably be my best motivation! hahaha

I noticed I don't smoke if I'm hungover....hmmm....that could be a wicked cure. ouch! Oh sure there's the extreme booze taxation.....but still...something to think on!

For you all that have kicked the habit - it's the 1st 3 days that are the worst, correct?

For you all that have kicked the habit - it's the 1st 3 days that are the worst, correct?

Anyone can quit smoking for 1 -3 days. I would say the first month is the worst the second is awefull and the third is bad. You ride out bad for a few more months and then it becomes annoying.

I'm completely serious; quitting smoking is hard because the cravings last so long. Yeah, my experience is worse than most but every smoker I know has quit for at least a week or two. Most have quit much longer. After you quit for a while your mind will say "you can have just one you made it through the hardest part".
If you want to quit you have to quit drinking, and smoking cigars. You have to look at it as fighting cravings for a lifetime not a week or two.

Well, thanks for the heads up! :)

Gratefully, I start, and stop, things on a whim.

Reckon I'll just wait for that "quitting" whim!

Seriously tho - good info to know. Thanks for the input! :)

So I bought one from WalMart last night......didn't come with any instructions???? Going to have to look the damn thing up. Looks pretty cool though!
Edit: I got the NJoy non rechargeable single.

Back