• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Edamame Plants forming Pods!

After about three weeks after transplanting to a bigger pot, I am now seeing the beginnings of soybean pods! Yay!

lol.

I bought these at a korean grocery store that were already sprouts. They sell them for ninety cents a pound. Which is awfully cheap. But those are super leggy and don't really look appetizing. So I grew out a few if I can grow them into plants. Sure enough they did. Completely maintenance free, just water 'em and they will come. lol.

Here are the pods:

97a08fd0.jpg

8941c1a5.jpg

Yay!

Ciao franz-

Hey, that's great, good for you and very resourceful! I'm growing some soybeans out in the front yard this year in between ornamental millet. They're just starting to emerge now, so I've got some time before I get pods.

Ciao franz-

Hey, that's great, good for you and very resourceful! I'm growing some soybeans out in the front yard this year in between ornamental millet. They're just starting to emerge now, so I've got some time before I get pods.

thanks! hehe.

cool! what are you going to do with them?

gonna grow out a few to harvest seeds and then eat the rest.

studying to be a chef and all. :cool:

Back