Edema and dropped leaves

I know I've seen this discussed a few times but don't recall ever seeing the solution. I have the mobil version of THP do searching is not an option, I do everything from my iPhone. What is the fox for edema. I have a few plants that have it badly and a few that have it mildly. My jalapeños tonight are wilted and dropping leaves. They ate a little dry but the edema is bad like it doubled overnight. Below is a pics of the backs of the fallen leaves.

IMG_8432.jpg

What measures do I need to take to fix this . Also how many leaves can I take off these plants and still have the viable? Many are gonna drop and more should be pulled. There has to be a way to deal with edema.

I know I've seen this discussed a few times but don't recall ever seeing the solution. I have the mobil version of THP do searching is not an option, I do everything from my iPhone. What is the fox for edema. I have a few plants that have it badly and a few that have it mildly. My jalapeños tonight are wilted and dropping leaves. They ate a little dry but the edema is bad like it doubled overnight. Below is a pics of the backs of the fallen leaves.

IMG_8432.jpg

What measures do I need to take to fix this . Also how many leaves can I take off these plants and still have the viable? Many are gonna drop and more should be pulled. There has to be a way to deal with edema.

What kind of potting soil are you using? Does it have good drainage? How often are you watering and how are you watering them? you should water during the morning so that your lights will keep the potting mix from being water logged or to moist.Lastly, do you have a fan on them??? All these things I need to know to help you prevent this in the future!

The plants that are most affected are the 3 Jalapeños they are all in black gold and as far asI can tell it drains ok. When I water it comes out the bottom. I water roughly 1x a week giving them a good soaking and yes I have a fan but it only comes on when I get home at 5-6 til lights out, and in weekends .My wife doesn't want it on all the time ( its a trade off lol) I do water in the evening after work it's when I have the most time. I have one super hot an Infinity that's top leaves are now affected and they are curled up. I recently transplanted 3 other plants into fox farms and they are ok not sure that's the difference. I intend to pot em all up into nursery 5 gallon pots this weekend. My jalapeños are very ugly right now.They were wilted and had dropped a grip of leaves. Not sure they will pull out. I watered then because they were dry and removed some leaves. How many leaves can I pluck? Can I just cut the whole think back? I got to figure out how to slow this down. I put my plants outside on Sunday for about 4 hours and last night they looked the best they ever had man what a difference 24 hrs makes.

I had to change my watering schedule as well! I used to water during the evening mostly which is a no no! Why you ask? Because the plants sit in that wet soil with nothing to draw it out but the roots and thin air! Its much better to water in the morning or if you have to early afternoon , that way the heat and light will help keep the soil from getting mold and it will help keep the soil from being to wet! I also turn my 2 fans and lights on in the morning before I go to work. I shut everything off about 13 hrs later! Fox Farms is great stuff btw! My plants that are in Fox Farms are doing better then the plants that are in another potting mix, called Growers Professional. Just cut the most affected leaves near the stem! You dont want to cut to many all at once, as it could stunt the plant growth! For now you should cut off the most affected leaves and see what happens. You need to keep the moisture and water at bay! By doing this you may have to use a schedule similar to mine! It will really help!!!

Thanks I never heard of edema until now .. I HATE IT !! and I don't hate much, almost worse than mites.
YW! Ya its bad doo doo! A few of my plants had slight edema, until I changed my watering schedule! Looks like that solved the problem! Good luck to ya :)

Back