Edema ?

Is this edema ?

IMG_3956.jpg

Another pic .. It's kind of hard to photograph

IMG_7346.jpg

yeah, looks just like mine, I had it pretty bad, and a few of them still have it, my grow tent was crazy humid (99%) but I have been venting it a few times a day to get all the moisture out, so most of them are doing great.. I just need to wait till they actually droop before watering them again.. I thought the soil was super super dry, but I couldn't really get my fingers down too deep to check because the roots were so packed.. and apparently they were not that dry and some edema came back a little.. so now time to wait again lol

I just tried pruning mine for kicks, but if the plants are big enough, and by the close up pics, I would venture to guess to say they are, and you don't mind doing it, I would prune some of the leaves get get really bad edema, and let some new ones grow in.. not too much, and it doesn't look like it is that bad, so you should be fine.. just make sure they are not in a really humid area so they can get the water evaporated.. mine didn't get better until I dropped the humidity in there

From what I understand it doesn't hurt em right?
Will it grow put of it? What if I just leave the leaves. It is only affecting my funky Jalapeños .
I call them that because I bought a few pounds of pods to pickle and there were a couple monster red ones and when I opened them up the seeds were so beautiful I couldn't resist. I have NEVER seen seeds that big and healthy. Did a germination test got 100% in 2 days as I remember maybe 3 but it was fast. They grow fast but they look .. well .. funky? They seen sensitive and have deep purple stems and veins never grew indoors before maybe that's it but I'm determined to bring em to pods .. if it kills me ; )

I had a third one of these Jalapeños and they were all looking a little sick mainly too much water after repot I think anyway I gave one to a friend who is a little bit of a beginner like me and it died on him here's a pic can edema do this ??

IMG_5637.jpg

I don't think so. Mine had some bad edema too, the leaves were crusted with those bumps! But they recovered pretty quickly.

yeah, if it does get really bad, just repot them.. but yours don't look that bad right now, so just let them sit in a dry area and you'll be set... I would think that if they got really bad and it was all over every leaf.. and eventually killed them.. then sure I guess it could kill it.. but that would be pretty much drowning them I would think and keeping them in a really humid area

the dying (dead?)one looks to be fungal/ viral
probably combination of those

guess was carried to there by aphid type of vector
hard to tell after they quit watering it ain't it

Back