• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Eight Years Later - Brooklyn Grow Log

So here we go. A long time ago, I posted a grow log here. I was rocking a fire escape garden in the middle of Bushwick and it worked. I started in May and actually got a good crop all the way through to late October. Not as good as the one I got the following year when I started seeds in February (still have some of those 2012 dried peppers). Now, eight years later, and four apartments later, my wife and I own a house. We have a deck and the front yard.

I'm not touching the soil in the front yard, or in the backyard because the last time I tested the soil a block and half away, it tested through the roof in lead content.

So everything was put out between April 20th and May 2nd.
Basically everything was planted in a rush. Seeds were started between March 1st and April 9th - as soon as we knew we'd have a deck and a front yard.

The grow list is as follows:

Deck:
7 Pot Douglah (x2) - Refining Fire Chiles
Trinidad Scorpion (x2-x3) - Baker Seeds
Peach Bhut Jolokia (x2-x3) - Sandia
Pasilla Bajo (x1) - Hardware Store
Ring of Fire Cayenne (x3) - Baker Seeds
Lava Chocolate (x2) - Refining Fire Chiles
Rando Tomato Vermiselle

Front yard:
Ghost Pepper (x1)
Peach Bhut Jolokia (x1 - To be planted)
Trinidad Scorpion or Lava Chocolate (x1 - To be planted)

Mostly homeless stuff:
Trinidad Scorpions
Lava Chocolate
Peach Bhut Jolokia
Moruga Brian Strain
Padron
Passilla Bajo

vKQpMyH.jpg

nVQalJW.jpg

vUUQBfC.jpg

OmzC6qP.jpg

Better pictures to follow later.

A bit over a week later and stuff is coming along just right.
A few odd leaves here and there, but I know better than to panic. Epsom salt yesterday morning. These guys generally grow out of their awkward initial leaves.

gd3yyr0.jpg

PxBURU7.jpg

7utf629.jpg

Bonus shot, one of our two dogs smelling the air in front of a near-dead dendrobium.

7JAn1P0.jpg

Back