• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

El Nino must be destroyed!!!!

Thanks to El NIno weather patterns I'm about 5 weeks behind schedule!!! I can't even begin to harden anything before outright planting out. It's still dropping below 45 degrees at night with wind gusts of 40 mph and then every other day it seems like another deluge of rain!!!! I shouldn't have to be turning on my wall furnace at 7pm in the last days of April! If I don't get a prolonged hot summer and autumn, I'm screwed this season! AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I just had to vent my frustrations:mad:

Thanks to el nino we're getting 80-90F days here in MD, since March, so I cant really complain :) well not directly related to el nino, but this weather pattern in general... you get the drift

I feel your pain. I sun scorched a whole bunch of plants in jan/feb, but had to bring them in at night in march. Last year april was in the 90's here. My weather widget says 43 tonight. It's nuts.

Man, any other year I'd trade places with you in a heartbeat but this year its been nothing but crazy heat here most of the time in the day, but same situation tonight. Frost advisory tonight :(

Thanks to El NIno weather patterns we've had 50 straight days of 37c with a few 38c and a few more 39c. The prediction for next year is hotter yet.
We stopped by a chili farm yesterday and the owner said this years crop (now) is not nearly as good as last years because of the heat.
My Costa Rica Habaneros are doing fine (same latitude) but my orange Habs from Sea Springs Seeds (England) are suffering greatly. I had to place them in a spot that only gets morning sun (about 3 hrs.).
I've never seen anything close to these temperatures for more than a week in my 7+ years here.

About 2 days ago when I woke up, it was 29 degrees and there was a sheet of ice across my roof. Good thing I didnt have my plants out haha

Back