• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

El Scorpoñero

This has to be one of my favorite cross from this year. Good enough I felt it deserved its own topic outside the cross thread.

The cross is a Carbonero X Butch T yellow scorpion f1. 

Carbonero is a Tony Sherwood creation and a three way cross of Carbon bhut, 7pot and orange habanero. Adding the Butch T scorpion to the mix makes this pepper a 4 way cross. With Carbonero being in the f4 generation F2 of el scorponero could display a wide array of phenotypes and flavors.

I grew three plants this year and as far as I know, no one grew any of the seeds I sent them last fall. Of the three plants I grew I seen two main phenotypes. One is a nice tailed pheno and other is elongated. 

axwd7ry.jpg

r7WAk96.jpg

7Xdk4dS.jpg

3GBplbW.jpg

They are productive, tasty pods. Make excellent powders and puree. Everyone who has received powders made from this have raved about them. 

Here's a review from our own PeterS 
Anyone whos tried them, the powder or will be growing them next year feel free to chime in. 

This years F2s of El Scorponero

#1 is Yellow

MpCpytA.jpg

# 2 is Red, nice size on this one. Other than that all the reds are pretty similar

lTE6Uxn.jpg

GBlPWog.jpg

RN3vWfF.jpg

#5 are rounder pods

2EERB5R.jpg

#6 Orange and a really cool pheno. Def a keeper. 

uzI2BkV.jpg

Back