• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fertilizer Emergency Fertilizer Tip?

Hey all!  I have about 10 Carolina Reapers growing in pots in the back and have sadly been writing them off because I've been injured, unable to really take care of them or leave the house for fertilizer.

Amazingly they are doing better than expected and are starting to get peppers but the pots are only half full of dirt by now and so starved of nutrients.  I feel so bad but can't really get out to the store.  Is there anything available 'at home' that I could add to give them a little boost while I try to get some extra soil out here for them?

I had heard Coffee Grinds?  Is there anything around the house that has the right ingredient that I could give them a bit of for the time being?

Boans said:
Hey all!  I have about 10 Carolina Reapers growing in pots in the back and have sadly been writing them off because I've been injured, unable to really take care of them or leave the house for fertilizer.

Amazingly they are doing better than expected and are starting to get peppers but the pots are only half full of dirt by now and so starved of nutrients.  I feel so bad but can't really get out to the store.  Is there anything available 'at home' that I could add to give them a little boost while I try to get some extra soil out here for them?

I had heard Coffee Grinds?  Is there anything around the house that has the right ingredient that I could give them a bit of for the time being?
Coffee grinds are good, but a slow release nitrogen source.

Have heard aged Urine contains nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. some say it must be mixed/aged with a mulch/wood/pine fines mix. If using it straight, must dilute it a lot, at least 10parts water to 1 part piss.

I mean this is last resort imo, if you can't go get some fert and plants are lacking/dying...?

Thanks a bunch guys .. yes I think Walmart delivers but all we have near by is one of their supermarkets.  It looks like I will just order something off of Amazon.

Can you all recommend a good fertilizer that might be on Amazon?  Something to help them produce peppers before it gets too cold?

I honestly would just start over. No reason to throw money in the wind. Learn something from this and apply it. 

sicman said:
I honestly would just start over. No reason to throw money in the wind. Learn something from this and apply it. 
Thanks, but they look healthy and are making peppers.  I just wanted to find some fertilizer to add to help them along since I haven't been able to get them any new soil.

All plant material contains NPK.

Leaves are great.

Boiled grass clippings even work.

Just don't make a tea or soak too strong.

If you've got a Home Depot close by, you might be able to pick up some Alaska Fish.  It's 5-1-1, but despite the numbers, works very will for a pepper grow, beginning to end.  I did an experimental grow with it one year, with nothing else, and it was awesome. (I use it all the time, but that was a first time using it exclusively)

Back