• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

EMERGENCY! HELP!!!

So early this morning, I bottom watered my plant. It was looking okay, though the plant was slightly droopy looking due to the fact that I had to transfer it to another pot, it may have experienced some shock due to the somewhat different soil and the fact that it was removed from soil and placed in soil once again). The thing is, I was VERY hungover this morning.... and I forgot to dump out the water after 10 mins. Instead I passed out, and the poor plant had the water in the dish for about 6'ish hours.

....now the plant looks even droopier, and some of the leaves are somewhat curling. Other leaves don't look too bad, but I don't know wtf to do! I felt through the soil with a finger or 2, shoved my hand from the surface all the way to the bottom, and it honestly doesn't feel too moist at all... just slightly cool. But I know the plant's condition worsened due to this irresponsible mistake of mine.

WTF DO I DO?!?!?!

HELLLLLP. I don't want my baby to die. :(

I think it will bounce back as long as you have the soil draining. Plus, do you have air circulation in your grow area?

Give it a day or to and it should be okay, just don't make a habit doing this. ;)

That's comforting to hear, but I already had to remove about 3 leaves which looked absolutely horrible. I'm just praying my plant will recover.

As for the air circulation, yeah, I have an air conditioning vent somewhere in my room, and keep my door open a good while.

Oh yeah, I thought I'd also mention that the plant is currently in cactus soil. I am using it as a medium until I can get some good potting soil. I'm sure that isn't too good for the plant, but at the moment I have no other alternative (laid off from work and extremely short on funds, argh).

cactus soil is/usually drains very fast. no tmuch water retention at all. you could always try and dig some dirt up from outside use that as soil prob not the best., try raising the temp of the medium alittle it should hasten growth. better to have oyur soil alittle dry then always damp.

If it's still wilting, get it covered in an airtight container with plastic wrap over it and spray it with some water. IF it recovers, should be fine outside the container.

Yeah, it's still wilting. There are some leaves that seem unaffected and somewhat healthy looking still, but most are wilted (some worse than others), and some are even curled up. No yellowing of the leaves, they're still green... but yeah, the plant looks unhappy.

Should I remove the wilted and/or curling leaves? Or should I simply let the plant recover entirely on its own?

I would let the plant recover on it's own. I had a plant that was so bad it was laying on its side, after a few days it perked back up.

Pepperfreak said:
I have heard that cactus soil isn't too bad for the peppers, it's better than miracle grow.

better than miracle grow? why is miracle grow bad? all my plants are growing in it and you should see them....

Back