• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

fertilizer Emulsion-fertilizer of my own

Hi,
I made a homemade emulsion using soil juice from drained water from "new soil mix", iron, multivitamins, sodium carbonate, dried seaweed (kim); calcium tablets; fish dried Japanese soup extract, dried cowshit pellet and water. Is this OK? I mix it 1-15 ratio for spraying on leaves, and add a little to soil now and then. I have sprayed for the first time tonight- is this crazy or not????

Yeah, maybe a little crazy. I would only try it on 1 or 2 plants to see if it does more harm than good. It's very easy to over fert peppers.

And fish dried Japanese soup extract? :shocked: Is it salty?

edit: spelling

I know where you're coming from. I heard people were trying kelp- seaweed emulsifiers. We don't get them here and I had to look mine up- to make it. I'm guessing the fish powder might be a little salty- but I wont be doing it often- maybe once a month. It is maybe 15-1 ratio to water, not 10.Well, if it kills em all, I'm done.

My soil was dead I think - I had to reinvigorate with nutrients- the problem here is getting the mineral, or right ones.They have some , but not the specific ones I want.

Yeah, maybe a little crazy. I would only try it on 1 or 2 plants to see if it does more harm than good. It's very easy to over fert peppers.

And fish dried Japanese soup extract? :shocked: Is it salty?

edit: spelling
thanx

Noooo! Never give up! Just be careful when trying something that is unknown. You might have great results too. Best of luck to you!

Back